MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Dynaudio Or Adam?, Opinions for Rock/Pop mixing.
mixfisto
post Thu 13 Apr 2006, 07:56
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,118

HI, I know this has probably been discussed somewhere at some time, but I am curious about which monitor today's engineers prefer and why. The monitors in particular are the Dynaudio Bm6a's and ADAM's equal in the size and price range...
Pop/Rock music in a medium sized room
thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Fri 14 Apr 2006, 04:17
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Dynaudio, good all-rounder, good stereo, not tiring, but depending of the room, the BM15a may be better.
ADAM, pin point sound (transients to kill), good stereo, though the midfield are preferred. Their revealing tendency can be surprising. They a used in some mastering facilities. The most interesting part of the ADAM range is more expensive than the BM6a.

if I had the BM6a budget, I'd go BM6a, ADAM is a better contender in the bigger models (sub no more mandatory). Now the new models may be better suited for competition. But as they were new at frankfurt, I've got to hear them still, maybe at the AES in Paris.

Check the Focal too (I have yet to hear them but they're battling ground with ADAM, can't stop hearing about them)

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Sat 15 Apr 2006, 02:41

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
melenko
post Fri 25 Mar 2011, 23:17
Post #3

SuperHero

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,408

Citation (lepetitmartien @ ven 14 avr 2006, 04:17) *
Dynaudio, good all-rounder, good stereo, not tiring, but depending of the room, the BM15a may be better.
ADAM, pin point sound (transients to kill), good stereo, though the midfield are preferred. Their revealing tendency can be surprising. They a used in some mastering facilities. The most interesting part of the ADAM range is more expensive than the BM6a.

if I had the BM6a budget, I'd go BM6a, ADAM is a better contender in the bigger models (sub no more mandatory). Now the new models may be better suited for competition. But as they were new at frankfurt, I've got to hear them still, maybe at the AES in Paris.

Check the Focal too (I have yet to hear them but they're battling ground with ADAM, can't stop hearing about them)

+1

--------------------
MacPro dual 2.66 - 8 Go - SL10.6.6- DP 7.2.1 - RME FFCE 800 - URS, Sonnox, Stilwell, Nomad Factory, Kontakt 4.2.2, Trillian, Stylus, EZ drummer, SD2, UVIworkstation, Altiverb - KRK - JBL
Neve 8801 - Brauner - Roland A-37, etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 12 May 2024, 22:46
- © 440 Forums 2011