First, this is the work of 12 monkeys, first translated by melenko, thanks for the job guys!
Coming from version 10.6.8 I moved to 10.7 (Build 11A494a).
It needs 3 steps:
1/ when the installation step is launched, you will be prompted to select some options like the reset of your password, Time Machine, restore, Lion install…
2/ the Mac reboots after +- 3 minutes. During that time, it copied the installation folders on the target HD.
Then you are in the familiar install environment again and the installation finishes in the usual time (about half an hour).
- everything seems to be more precise, graphically speaking.
- the system seems to be more responding.
- Mission Control is very intuitive.
- automatic restore of opened apps after a reboot, including documents.
- full screen for the apps.
- automatic resizing of the windows, plus resizing from any border.
- evolved management of the Multi-Touch.
- The Library folders are hidden
All of the apps like Mail, Adresses, iCal seem have better GUI. and are fast.
PT needs probably to be installed again. Part of it is labelled as incompatible software and moved to a folder thus named that way.
AU plugs concerns in Logic: the ones that couldn't pass the validation process are
- Izotope Spectron and Trash.
- PSP Pseudo Stereo, Stereo Controller, Stereo Enhancer.
- Sonnox Debuzzer, Denoiser.
- Altiverb 6.3.5.
- Melodyne Editor 1.1.5
- Amplitube metal.
For the rest of the VI's it seems OK.
Note that he has loads of plugins, the issues only are reported.
This it on a beta, he's testing the golden master now, so more to come.