MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Ns10s ....do They Just Look Good?, ..not enough bass.......
post Wed 24 Jul 2002, 01:17
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

the high end is very harsh (loud) and seems not too have anough bass for the little black box.
are these good for electronic music?
..or just for rock/jazz/pop...
i know every high end studio has a pair, but maybe cause they record rock/jazz/pop, and not 4/4 beats.
when i finish a track and it sounds good on them...
..i play it on a stereo and there is no bottom, and just sounds different.
heX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
damann
post Tue 3 Sep 2002, 20:22
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

there's truth in what you say synthetik.
i used the damn things for years, and always said exactly the same as you. smile.gif
but these days i like to use a monitoring setup that actually gives me accurate information about what i'm doing, and my mixes sound great for it.
a friend brought a finished mix he'd done on ns10s into my studio to check it out LOUD on my krk's, there was a 30hz rumble all the way through the mix that he hadn't even heard on the '10s! laugh.gif
finally, sorry, but mixing on '10s is no guarantee that your mix will sound "the way it did when you mixed it" after taking it out of the mixing environment. wink.gif.
the best way to achieve this is to regularly turn the volume down way low during the mixing process. '10s are so hard in the midrange that prolonged listening to them will mess your ears up to the point that your mix can suffer.
sorry to go on...peace, later.

--------------------
one for all and all for one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 24 May 2024, 00:08
- © 440 Forums 2011