MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Osx & Virus Protection???
don says mac
post Wed 27 Oct 2004, 19:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,510

Just wondering who all uses 3rd party virus protection software... the two years i've have my mac i have had no protection and no viruses... am i just being naive? my only line of protection is having two hardrives: one as my boot/application drive and the other for all my music...

just looking to see what other people have...

.d.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
arvidtp
post Thu 11 Nov 2004, 17:01
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,850

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Oct 28 2004, 21:31)
You can scan all you want to, there's none! laugh.gif...

...but you can use alternatives like Open Office (free and no macro virus).

My roomate's PC was just rendered completely in-operational by huge amounts of spyware it accumulated over the last months. So i said "there aren't even any of those for mac" and he says "the next computer I'm getting is gonna be a mac."

And - Yeah Openoffice! I want to say that it has gotten me through 1 1/2 years of Brown University so far, and still counting! It just works, and when i need a feature, it almost always seems to have it. Some say an ugly GUI? I say a word processor should be a serious word processor, not that silly thing that is M$ Word.

cheers

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 9 Oct 2024, 14:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008