MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help Me With An Oldie, Please: Logic 4.8 / Os9
zaaresh
post Mon 19 Mar 2007, 21:10
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,953

Hi there,
I hope someone can help me with the following problems,
(I did not split up the questions in 3 different topics, because it all concerns the Logic Settings... I think)

1) No VST:
I´m running Logic 4.8.1 on OS 9 on my old MAC PCI 450Mhz . When I open Logic I´m able to hear and record Audio but I can neither open an Audio Instrument (Battery for ex.) nor VST PlugIns - when I try to open them, "No Effect" is displayed. The VST PlugIns Folder is in the Logic Folder and the VST Plugs are apparently ready to be used - still no selection is possible.

2) ASIO Driver:
I recently changed the sound card from a MOTU PCI 324 to a RME DIGI 96 PST . As for the PCI slot it should be OK since Reason 2 works perfectly well with the RME card. But Logic doesn´t retrieve the driver ("No driver" is displayed in the Audio Hardware and Drivers Section) . The DIGI 96 ASIO Driver as well as the RME Card Settings folder have been copied in the ASIO Drivers Folder, I removed the MOTU Driver.

3) ReWIRE?
Does Logic 4.8 support ReWire with Reason 2? How do I select it in Logic?

Thank you for replying ...!

zaaresh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
zaaresh
post Tue 27 Mar 2007, 20:27
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,953

Hi again ,

problem solved...
thanks for your help but it was really quite the other way i solved the mystery. i basically had to delete Logic Preferences in "System Preferences", thats why the old driver showed up all the time . besides that : never confound a Logic "alias" with a logic "copy" ... gnnnnnhhhh...!!!! blink.gif tongue.gif
well at least i´ve got them again: VST, ASIO driver and REWIRE --- yiipeee..!
greet you
zaaresh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 17:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008