MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Minimoog Voyager, Access Virus Ti, Or Vsynth Xt?
mortalengines
post Mon 20 Nov 2006, 02:17
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

Hi, I am kind of starting to look at hardware synths now that I have started running into CPU issues using Ableton Live & Reaktor & other plugs. I figure that I could use a Live Synth & Ableton has a much easier time with the more audio/midi loops you run (as opposed to VSTs). If I was gonna go for hardware, one of the 3 above would be my choice. It seems like each has its own niche & I am kind of gravitating toward the Moog since...well....it's a Moog but, it is still just a monophonic synth when you get right down to it. Access virus seems to have a pretty nice synth & I understand it will operate as a multi-track synth/ VST plug in as well (with all of the processing going on in the hardware, but I don't know if the "sound" will still be as cool 5 to 10 years down the road. Same for the V-synth, in addition to it being of limited polyphony & not really offering any multichannel support (but very unque in sound) & I am not really even sure if Roland is going to put out a better version soon (it's already discontinued the original V-synth). Any input/experiences from people who operate in both the hardware & software worlds? Would it maybe just be better to buy a Macbook Pro (I am using a G4 powerbook right now)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Wed 24 Sep 2008, 05:13
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

I understand that the Access Virus has filters that are "modeled" after the Moog....I have played with the Virus TI in the Guitar Center and if it wasn't for the fact that I went completely nuts for some really nice outboard preamps and compressors I would probably own a TI now. Hopefully I will sell enough old gear on Craigslist to pay off what I owe and get one.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 03:53
- © 440 Forums 2011