MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Macbook Not Performing Nearly As Well As My Old Pc
seecule
post Thu 1 Mar 2007, 04:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,135

Hello everyone. I've been having trouble getting my Macbook to perform as well as I think it should. It's an Intel 2 gig with a gig of ram. It's not the Macbook pro. I'm currently working on a project in Reason and the processor is having trouble playing back my song using only 4 instruments. My old PC with 1.67 gig processor and only 256 mb of ram could handle this Reason project along with Ableton Live and a dozen vsts running.

Is there a way to optimize my macbook so that it can handle this? It's crapping out on me using literally about 20 percent of what I can do with the old PC. This goes against all I've ever heard about macs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
aportman
post Wed 25 Jul 2007, 06:31
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,457

Make sure all drivers are updated! This is usually the problem. Software is changing so freaking often, it is becoming possible that they are already outdated. Also, you will need to make sure they are Mac Drivers. You probably have already done this, but if not, this is the best place to start.

Good Luck!

Allen
Starrfire Recording
League City, Texas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008