MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Headphones
inadaze
post Fri 19 Sep 2003, 19:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,385

I'm in the market for some new headphones for recording music on my computer. Could anyone suggest a brand that is good? I would also like some idea of what is good quality. Maybe list somethings to look for in a set of headphones...
I'm also a poor student and i'm looking in the range of 100-150 dollars Canadian (or less if possible).

Thanks
Jay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
macyu
post Tue 30 Nov 2004, 05:36
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,075

Since the AKG 240's were mentioned, I'll also put in my props for the AKG K270 Studio and 271 (which is the new version of the 270). The plus for there are that you can also use it for tracking and live recording (where you can't get a booth) because they have some of the best isolation around. They're pretty comfortable, although since it is a closed design, it could get hot after a while. One neat feature is that the headband acts as a mute switch so when you take the phone's off, the sound cuts off. They seem pretty sturdy, and the new 271's are even better because they have detatchable/replaceable cables. However, as far as mixing and general listening headphones, Sennheiser HD600's seem to be the best in my opinion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 11 May 2024, 11:27
- © 440 Forums 2011