MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Does Anyone Still Use Cubase?
ghettoblaster
post Fri 21 May 2004, 17:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,575

Hey there,

I got hold of Cubase SX 1 and am starting to learn it, but in reading a lot of stuff on the internet it seems like hardly anyone uses it now compared to Logic. Is one better than the other?

I'm interested in mainly creating score for my films using my midi keyboard. I also would like to compose some tracks. Will VST plug ins work with Logic? Which application is easier to use? Which one is more powerful?

I don't want to take the time to learn a program if it's becoming obsolete...

any info is appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
gdoubleyou
post Wed 26 May 2004, 01:15
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

I own SX2 performance is so bad on my Macs that I moved it to my PC, it has the highest minimum system requirements of any Mac DAW.

I could only get 8-10 tracks on my new powerbook, same machine easily does sessions of 48+ tracks with DP4 and Logic6.

Performance is one issue, The biggest problem with Steinberg is poor quality. they tend to add new features before fixing current bugs. I used Cubase from version 3-SX, and they have always had poor support.

After two years of pain, and a paid upgrade, SX2 users finally have the app they thought they had purchesed in SX1.
The kicker is that SX STILL has over 60 known bugs.

Hans Zimmer uses VST/32 in OS9, otherwise he would have to get new hardware to play his current sessions. That's another thing, whenever there is a major version upgrade it renders your previous mixes useless because all parameters and automation do not transfer. You are forced to remix old sessions to use the new product.

they are consistant in that business practice, been that way since version3.

The user experience is that you feel like you are paying to be a beta tester.

angry.gif

This post has been edited by gdoubleyou: Wed 26 May 2004, 01:15

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 2 Jul 2024, 13:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008