MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Headphones
inadaze
post Fri 19 Sep 2003, 19:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,385

I'm in the market for some new headphones for recording music on my computer. Could anyone suggest a brand that is good? I would also like some idea of what is good quality. Maybe list somethings to look for in a set of headphones...
I'm also a poor student and i'm looking in the range of 100-150 dollars Canadian (or less if possible).

Thanks
Jay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
boze
post Wed 1 Oct 2003, 17:26
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,676

I use Audio Technica ATH-M40fs headphones and i've been happy with them. they're old and wearing out now but once I broke the hinge and the folks at AT were just like 'mail them to us and we'll fix them for free and mail them back to you' the whole thing took about a week and i was amazed.

best thing is to go to a store and listen yourself. not a bestbuy where they get mad if you open things but a music store that sells pro audio. they'll still have phones in your pricerange and you'll get to hear them and feel them on your head. pay attention to comfort as well as sound because wearing phones for a long time can make it harder to stay productive if you're feeling all sweatyheaded =)

and if you move around a lot consider a pair that fold up in like those Sony's synthetic mentioned.

good luck!

--------------------
Kit: Dual Ghz G4, Vaio 2.6ghz GRV670 notebook. Software: Reaktor, Reason, Ableton Live. Leanings: Laptop performance, jazz guitar, singing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 4 Jun 2024, 23:08
- © 440 Forums 2011