MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> The New And Not Improved Intel Imac, iMac a piece of junk?
drewott
post Thu 9 Mar 2006, 22:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,112

Recently (february), I purchased a new intel iMac w/ 2 gigs of ram. Exciting right? ... well not exactly. After three days of flawless processing the iMac started acting up. I will not go into details (space is limited), but lets just say when I tried to return it apple allowed me to do so and apologized for any inconvenience.

The reason I feel this is post-worthy is I spoke to a friend who is now a part a class action law suit against mac for the first gen. G-4's which were riddled with problems.

Does apple have a reputation for rushing things to market? Is this just another example of that?

Has anybody else experienced intel iMac problems?

I am certainly willing to give apple the benefit of the doubt, but after spending 2G's on a computer that was clearly a piece of $#!t, I can't help but feel slighted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Fri 10 Mar 2006, 01:05
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

There's been some troubles but only on a series of them, not all. Some component provider/integrator has f…d up and Apple has to repair the things in the end, which they do. (note: I don't remember the problem on the spot…)

Usually the computers are top notch, but there's from time to time a lot with something funky. As long as Apple acknowledges the problem and does its job at correcting you're ok.

Once a year there's something really tricky Apple takes time to recognize (not your case) and it takes months (but users do win). Last one was the faulty G5 1.8 mk2 (I've got a mk1) it took nearly a year for Apple to correct the firmware after being silent and acknowledging the problem only 2 months before. That was BAD. fortunately, it's rare.

Apple wins year after year the consumer satisfaction survey, there's a reason, they f… up thing less than others and do amend for this. It could always be better…

Some have the habit never to buy computers just out of keynote but wait a little to get corrected versions of mk2 versions, but its really not rocket science as most of the problem in the last years were not fitting into this model… (G5 1.8 mk2, airport bases in 220V, batteries of powerbooks…)

Can you be more plain in the problem you experienced? It may help some still wondering why their iMac is getting mad and should be at apple for repair. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 2 Jul 2024, 14:11
- © MacMusic 1997-2008