MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minimax is shipping, Music Hardware
_news_
post Wed 10 Aug 2005, 15:51
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Minimax is shipping
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jsegura
post Wed 10 Aug 2005, 15:51
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 60,731

Creamware insists on going against current. Its equipment sound very well but seems that they are not done for this computer world.

+Quote Post
tunepoet
post Fri 12 Aug 2005, 08:11
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,777

NOTE - Please pardon my horrible grammar which is very bad and done incorrectly.

For me, you really cannot complain about companies who are making synths such as the mini moog available to the lower budget markets through emulation technology. The coolest thing about computer music is that anyone with a computer can take a shot at it, but at the same time, it is sort of a sad farewell to an era. Hopefully such emulations as this will invite many to later step up and buy the real thing, but at present there is a certain sort of sorrowful divorce from the amazing if very short history that is classic analog.

Every other day i read an interview wit some artist who has a shop full of synths piled up in the back room because his software can do it all without a glitch, and the artists always speak of this in a sort of revelation (al) spirit of liberation, but it personally makes me feel kind of sad. Maybe I am a bit sentimental, but there is a lot of emotion i have wrapped up in my very small collection of synths, and baring desperate financial troubles, I could not foresee selling any of them.

I view them like children looking at me as if to say "why don't you ever want to play with me any more?" sad.gif Maybe they should have some sort of medication for that.

Blessings,
Damon blink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 24 Apr 2024, 20:47
- © 440 Forums 2011