MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Guy At Apple Store Told Me I Can Piggy Back Firewire Devices, The Audio Interface And The External Hardrive..., is this true ?
etadaepar
post Wed 10 Jun 2009, 06:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,146

Yea i was going to buy the imac but they don't make one with 2 firewire ports one for my audio interface and the other for the audio drive so I don't have to record to my system drive, so i was asking about that and the guy says that's not an issue because firewire devices ckan be "piggy-backed" he said I can do it with the interface/soundcard and the external HD and record onto the hard drive from the audio interface still going through the apple software...?

thanks

This post has been edited by etadaepar: Wed 10 Jun 2009, 06:16
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tsuliman
post Mon 29 Jun 2009, 13:57
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,971

I was also concerned about the new computer models only having one port and I asked an Apple Store employee and he told me the same thing. That's why I feel lucky to have the older iMac model that has FW800, FW400 and (3) USB. I'm not sure if the ports share a bus, but this is a great machine, so if you can find one used, I highly recommend it. Mine has a 750 GB hard drive which is plenty, and I have an external FW800 hard drive for audio. I'm running a Digi002 via FW400 and I have had no problems. Except for guitar players, but that's another story.

Apparently, all of the computer manufacturers (presumably audio gear too) are awaiting the arrival of USB 3, which might actually be "universal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 28 May 2024, 11:50
- © 440 Forums 2011