MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mbox 2 With Logic, How do I use my MBox 2 with Logic Express 8?
ntrprts
post Thu 5 Jun 2008, 22:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,552

Hello all, I recently purchased the Mbox 2 which came with the ProTools LE software disk. On my Mac, I have both ProTools LE and Logic Express 8. I was told it's best to record into Logic and then do most of my mastering in ProTools. The Mbox works instantly with ProTools but I was wondering if anyone could walk me through how I get Logic to read and record through the MBox? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ok, I went into the Logic preferences and saw that I could change the input to the Mbox. Now, I can hear the guitar and it's obviously being picked up by Logic through the Mbox, but when I hit record the tracking bar starts moving and I can hear the metronome, but no actual recording appears. As though I just hit the space bar to start playing it without having recorded anything. Any ideas?

-Mischa

This post has been edited by ntrprts: Thu 5 Jun 2008, 22:54
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
manuramesan
post Fri 6 Jun 2008, 10:58
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,883

so if your mbox is getting recognised by logic, there is no need, but when i had that trouble, i had to download the latest version of core audio driver from digidesign. i am having digi 002 rack. after you have installed that coreaudio driver, the hardware appears in the audio devices list, inside logic's audio preferences....

this is the link for downloading core audio drivers, for intel macs

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3&am...00&eid=1169

links for core audio ppc

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3&am...100&eid=601

about the recording, did you check the track inputs and all? if nothing gets recorded, the possible reason could be that your input is routed to somewhere else and the input of the record enabled track is different.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 11 May 2024, 06:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008