MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Best Realistic Bass Software Instruments?, And I mean realistic, not cheapo software sounding
rcross73
post Wed 20 Dec 2006, 08:37
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,128

Hello everyone.

I was just wondering - does anyone have suggestions on the best (i.e. most realistic-sounding) bass software instruments? Something to stand in for rock acoustic and electric bass guitar that doesn't sound like a software instrument. I've seen the Trilogy Bass Module - is this good? Is there something better or comparable?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And I realized that I mistyped "instruments" just as I hit "post", but I can't seem to change a thread title. Sorry about that.

[Edit LPM, I edited and expanded wink.gif]

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Thu 21 Dec 2006, 02:37

--------------------
2.33 GHz MBP C2D, 3GB RAM
120GB 5400rpm internal, 500GB 7200rpm eSATA external, 250GB 7200rpm FW800 external
Logic Studio, Reason 3, Reason Drum Kits 2, Reason Pianos, various refills, Line6 TonePort & GearBox Plug-Ins, Alesis i/O 26, Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX, CSR, T-RackS, EZDrummer and various add-ons, Nomad Factory Studio Pro Bundle (Blue Tubes Bundle v3 & v2, Analog Signature Pack, BlueVerb DRV-2080, Essential Studio Suite, Liquid Bundle 2)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Thu 21 Dec 2006, 08:24
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

You may be getting into some of the higher end sampler territory (NI Kontakt) before you are satisfied with the results for a real decent sounding Rock style bass. I was gonna suggest something like Arturia's Moog Modular which has some incredible bass sounds but they sound more synth like than anything else (but they truly ROCK). Any thoughts of buying a used Fender P-bass & a decent D/I box? That would almost get you further than anything virtual.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 24 May 2024, 21:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008