MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Outboard Compressor Hookup, Best Connection to 828mkII
Nels
post Wed 14 Jun 2006, 08:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,398

Hey folks,

Anyone out there have an outboard compressor hooked up to their 828mkII? Got a Blue Series DBX 160SL Stereo Compressor that I'd like to utilize and was wondering about the NO INSERTS factor.

If a seperate mixer with INSERTS is needed, what might be a good one to consider?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Nels
post Fri 16 Jun 2006, 04:39
Post #2

Member No.: 25,398

Ok, so I got it to route ok. Only thing is that it only routes thru a single channel at a time and my objective is to apply compression to all channels(mains/mix out) at once,.....as is possible with a Compressor Plugin on the Master Fader of Digital Performer, for example.

Don't understand, if the signal is routed correctly, why DP won't recognize which ever analog channel the compressor is connected to? There's something that apparently I'm doing wrong or missing, but I'll just have to keep at it.

Again, thanks for the effort. You've pointed me in the right direction and so it's just a matter of time. When I figure it all out, I'll post back.

Nels

+Quote Post
edge100
post Sat 17 Jun 2006, 04:03
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 43,617

QUOTE (Nels @ Fri 16 Jun 2006, 03:39) *
Ok, so I got it to route ok. Only thing is that it only routes thru a single channel at a time and my objective is to apply compression to all channels(mains/mix out) at once,.....as is possible with a Compressor Plugin on the Master Fader of Digital Performer, for example.

Don't understand, if the signal is routed correctly, why DP won't recognize which ever analog channel the compressor is connected to? There's something that apparently I'm doing wrong or missing, but I'll just have to keep at it.

Again, thanks for the effort. You've pointed me in the right direction and so it's just a matter of time. When I figure it all out, I'll post back.

Nels

Patch the main outs of the 828 into the patch bay. Now patch these outs to the compressor ins, and the compressor outs into your powered monitors (or power amp). Voila.

Make sure that your compressor operates in stereo mode when you compress the mix bus. This should not be confused with dual mono. If your settings are different for left and right, you'll get very odd results.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 18:16
- © 440 Forums 2011