MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Outboard Compressor Hookup, Best Connection to 828mkII
Nels
posté mer. 14 juin 2006, 08:27
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 sept. 03
Lieu : Brookfield, IL. - US
Membre no 25,398

Hey folks,

Anyone out there have an outboard compressor hooked up to their 828mkII? Got a Blue Series DBX 160SL Stereo Compressor that I'd like to utilize and was wondering about the NO INSERTS factor.

If a seperate mixer with INSERTS is needed, what might be a good one to consider?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Nels
posté ven. 16 juin 2006, 04:39
Message #2

Inscrit : 25 sept. 03
Lieu : Brookfield, IL. - US
Membre no 25,398

Ok, so I got it to route ok. Only thing is that it only routes thru a single channel at a time and my objective is to apply compression to all channels(mains/mix out) at once,.....as is possible with a Compressor Plugin on the Master Fader of Digital Performer, for example.

Don't understand, if the signal is routed correctly, why DP won't recognize which ever analog channel the compressor is connected to? There's something that apparently I'm doing wrong or missing, but I'll just have to keep at it.

Again, thanks for the effort. You've pointed me in the right direction and so it's just a matter of time. When I figure it all out, I'll post back.

Nels

+Quote Post
edge100
posté sam. 17 juin 2006, 04:03
Message #3

Rookie

Inscrit : 20 mai 04
Lieu : Ottawa - CA
Membre no 43,617

QUOTE (Nels @ Fri 16 Jun 2006, 03:39) *
Ok, so I got it to route ok. Only thing is that it only routes thru a single channel at a time and my objective is to apply compression to all channels(mains/mix out) at once,.....as is possible with a Compressor Plugin on the Master Fader of Digital Performer, for example.

Don't understand, if the signal is routed correctly, why DP won't recognize which ever analog channel the compressor is connected to? There's something that apparently I'm doing wrong or missing, but I'll just have to keep at it.

Again, thanks for the effort. You've pointed me in the right direction and so it's just a matter of time. When I figure it all out, I'll post back.

Nels

Patch the main outs of the 828 into the patch bay. Now patch these outs to the compressor ins, and the compressor outs into your powered monitors (or power amp). Voila.

Make sure that your compressor operates in stereo mode when you compress the mix bus. This should not be confused with dual mono. If your settings are different for left and right, you'll get very odd results.

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 14 mai 2024, 02:16
- © 440 Forums 2011