MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording With Cracks And Pops, in Logic Pro
camarao
post Sun 26 Feb 2006, 21:40
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,995

QUOTE (Metro SE @ Feb 26 2006, 02:03)
QUOTE (camarao @ Feb 25 2006, 14:01)
1 - delay compensation ?

It is not delay compensation. Why not connect both Digital cables and try inverting the master and slave relationship between the audio device and the Mixer?

I think I'll try that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
camarao
post Sun 26 Feb 2006, 21:41
Post #12

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Feb 26 2006, 04:24)
And verify everyone agrees to work at the same bit/KHz (both on the yam and in the mac, in logic, in audio MIDI setup and the sound pref panel).

that was the first thing I was sure to be ok.

+Quote Post
camarao
post Sat 11 Mar 2006, 23:14
Post #13

I think I've tried everything...I even get the same problem when recording thru the analog inputs ! That's not a digital issue, I think.
I'm completely lost and I don´t know what to do else... It's a question of luck, unfortunely. Sometimes I get good recordings, other times I get terrible ones. I'v tried to record with other software also like Ableton live and Dsp Quattro. I've changed the firewire cables. I've changed the way they connect to the Powerbook...The problem persists.
Maybe I have a defevtive unit or maybe this card wasn't designed to be used with Macs.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 12 Mar 2006, 03:17
Post #14

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Time to bother the interface makers wink.gif angry.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
camarao
post Sun 12 Mar 2006, 12:17
Post #15

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mar 12 2006, 02:17)
Time to bother the interface makers wink.gif angry.gif

Yes. I've sent them an email complaining already. Let's see how long it takes to answer me..

+Quote Post
camarao
post Tue 14 Mar 2006, 01:08
Post #16

QUOTE (camarao @ Mar 12 2006, 11:17)
QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mar 12 2006, 02:17)
Time to bother the interface makers wink.gif  angry.gif

Yes. I've sent them an email complaining already. Let's see how long it takes to answer me..

There is one thing I've noticed: I get many times a message about a error with midi and audio sync, and that it recognizes a strange sample rate. Maybe there is something wrong about the Mac's Audio Midi settings...

+Quote Post
camarao
post Sun 19 Mar 2006, 23:14
Post #17

I FOUND IT !!! And it's unbelievable !

Any time my fridge starts , or my heater or a more strong lamp, there is a strange sample rate recognized ! That is why the bad recordings seemed so unpredictable. It seems the electricity is interfering with the sound card. Is there something I should do to protect my soundcard from being interfired by electricity ? This is a strange thing...

+Quote Post
jce44
post Mon 20 Mar 2006, 17:02
Post #18

Group: Validating
Member No.: 74,080

You must be a very observant musician!!! You found the SOURCE of the noise, but it's maybe not the problem?

I know nothing about household electricity in your home country, but I know a little about unwanted analog signal (NOISE), caused by unbalanced current or electricty.

When your fridge (or other "load" on your household current) starts up, it changes the household current, which has its own, essentially, analog signal. The household current becomes "unbalanced" in relationship to your home grounding system. Especially with motors or other high amp draw home appliances, this can be a problem.

Somehow this imbalance is finding its way to your recording equipment?

Short of hiring an electrician (not yet anyway), if you were recording OK before & this recording noise is new, did you add a new piece of equipment, or cable, or electrical power strip? Something as simple as a ground connection gone bad in a TRS cable, or jack can act as an antenna... or a component in an amp or something?

Maybe you rerouted your cables to hook up new equipment and have the power and audio (digital or analog) cables laying side by side?

The noise problem is very believable. You are too cool for finding & recognizing the source! Professional studios spend much time and money to eliminate noise, especially electrical noise.

If you're interested in a good technical read on the subject-
http://www.equitech.com/articles/enigma.html

Let us know what you find & good luck.

RECORDING NOISE

This post has been edited by jce44: Mon 20 Mar 2006, 17:29

--------------------
dB= deciBell. (CAPITOL "B") In honor of Alexander Graham...

+Quote Post
camarao
post Mon 20 Mar 2006, 17:40
Post #19

QUOTE (jce44 @ Mar 20 2006, 16:02)
You must be a very observant musician!!! You found the SOURCE of the noise, but it's maybe not the problem?

I know nothing about household electricity in your home country, but I know a little about unwanted analog signal (NOISE), caused by unbalanced current or electricty.

When your fridge (or other "load" on your household current) starts up, it changes the household current, which has its own, essentially, analog signal. The household current becomes "unbalanced" in relationship to your home grounding system. Especially with motors or other high amp draw home appliances, this can be a problem.

Somehow this imbalance is finding its way to your recording equipment?

Short of hiring an electrician (not yet anyway), if you were recording OK before & this recording noise is new, did you add a new piece of equipment, or cable, or electrical power strip? Something as simple as a ground connection gone bad in a TRS cable, or jack can act as an antenna... or a component in an amp or something?

Maybe you rerouted your cables to hook up new equipment and have the power and audio (digital or analog) cables laying side by side?

The noise problem is very believable. You are too cool for finding & recognizing the source! Professional studios spend much time and money to eliminate noise, especially electrical noise.

If you're interested in a good technical read on the subject-
http://www.equitech.com/articles/enigma.html

Let us know what you find & good luck.

RECORDING NOISE

noise? I was not complaining about noise...
But thank you, anyway.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sun 26 Mar 2006, 13:09
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

Camaro... Great advice. Just to add to your reply: "Don't try it yourself... Zap... Crack... Pow... Studio Gear For Sale... Previous owner Gone!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 11 Jun 2024, 18:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008