MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cubase Sx3, Midi record problem
tig66
post Wed 28 Dec 2005, 13:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,389

Hopefully someone can help me as I can't figure this out.

I'm using Cubase SX3 v3.1.1 with an M-Audio Firewire 410 interface.

Why are all my recorded midi notes (played from a DX7) being snapped to the start of the first bar and their lengths set all the same, so that when I play the recorded track back, it comes out as one huge chord?

I've checked my Prefs and everything appears to be OK. Am I missing something somewhere?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tig66
post Thu 29 Dec 2005, 16:11
Post #2

For anyone else suffering with this problem - I've finally found out via the Cubase.net forum that the problem is caused by the latest FW 410 1.6 driver - I've now uninstalled 1.6 and re-installed the previous 1.5.3 driver and everything works fine..

Come on M-Audio, get some real quality checking done before releasing these updates.. this scenario has lost me over a day's work! angry.gif

+Quote Post
aportman
post Thu 29 Dec 2005, 17:04
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 72,457

I too, have had major midi/audio problems using M-Audio interfaces using Cubase in general. I currently use Cubase SX3 through an M-Audio Delta 1010, and have completely given up on using built-in the midi interface. After countless driver juggling and downloading of drivers, I continued having horrific tempo and drop-outs problems with my midi tracks. I ended-up going through a seperate 2X2 midiman interface, and now my midi is solid as a rock. I love M-Audio devices, but they refuse to correct many of the on-going and well-documented problems evoloving around midi stability. I am sick of down-loading the latest drivers every few days, only having to revert back to a (much) previous driver. Of course when you have to do this, you have to tolerate the other issues that came with that driver. It is a viscious circle. I hope since the merging of M-Audio and Pro Tools, that things don't become worse for the non-PT users. Hang in there!!!

Allen

+Quote Post
tig66
post Fri 30 Dec 2005, 13:12
Post #4

Yes.. I totally agree that MAudio devices are nice. But their inability to 'share' a firewire buss is pretty restrictive also - even using an external FW800 drive has caused me horrendous problems when used alongside the FW410. I've also persevered for nearly 2 years now tolerating new driver issues etc.. and I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously thinking of switching to something that offers more stability and less problems. Time to look at Midiman or Roland perhaps?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 17 May 2024, 23:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008