MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic - Pt User New To Logic Needs Help!, soundcards, sys. reqmnts., etc
mixfisto
post Sun 13 Nov 2005, 18:36
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,118

I'm a songwriter/producer/engineer who has spent the last six years soley in Protools. I'm now focusing more on my songwriting vs. the engineering. I'm looking for software that is much more user friendly to write in. Logic has always been talked about to me but I have never really looked into it. This seems to be a great choice. My questions are:
-What sound cards are needed (and suggested, I'm running OSX.3.6)?
-Is there any other neccesary hardware?
-How compatible is it with PT LE?
-Are there any other similar programs that might be better suited for me (I write mostly pop-rock stuff, loops with real guitar+vocals, etc...)
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brendan
post Mon 14 Nov 2005, 01:51
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 63,677

I made the switch from Protools Le (6.4) to Logc Pro 7 and haven't looked back...well, not completely.

Every studio I go to for tracking drums and whatnot records to protools, so I have to keep a working copy of PTLe to edit sessions and then export tracks into a format I can use with logic. I have neglected to spend the extra $500 that digidesign wants me to spend to be able to export PT files as OMF format--something that comes FREE with logic.

grrr.

Anyway, as far as making demos with virtual instruments, loops, and recording string, wind, and vocal overdubs at home, Logic truly rocks.

It *is* a little hard to switch to logic's way of comping a vocal track together after spending so much time with PT's multiple playlists/cut and paste gorgeous simplicity. But then PT doesn't ship with all these killer virtual instruments and AU compatibility and the simplicity of making a virtual instrument track...come on, it took Digi until ProTools 7 (!) to have virtual instrument tracks and the facility to use loops easily?

It wasn't a hard decision for me. I recommend Logic wholeheartedly. My creative output since adopting logic has tripled.

+Quote Post
ed van otterdijk
post Tue 15 Nov 2005, 14:00
Post #3

Member No.: 70,290

Hi there,

I think you're right, but how are you coping with the inaccuracy of the graphics in Logic?

best, ed

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 24 Sep 2024, 17:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008