MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Please Protools Vs???, need your advice
post Fri 5 Jul 2002, 17:40
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

ive done 3 albums and was sighned by a major label(atlantic)in late eighties always loved the warmth of tape ---but have been out of the loop 4 a while DESPERATELY need some opinions ....
im looking at protools 001 and mac g4---am i going the right way or???this needs to be album quality VERY important----am i fooling myself or can i do this 4 about 3.000 or will i be looking at alot of additional plugins and ???i am on a timeline and need advice soon thanks alot
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stuartpa
post Sun 22 Sep 2002, 22:23
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,326

HI rolleyes.gif , if you are planning on doing straigght recording and don't need a lot of audio Plugins then the OO1 system will work but if you need to do a lot of DSP and Midi Work there are a lot of other options out here, unfortunately they cost a bit more than $3K. You might take a look at some of the buy and sell ads in the Digiforums most of the folks there are pretty hones and you might get a complete package used of course but there is nothing wrong with used gear.

Having been out of the loop for so long you might find it easier to try and locate someone in your area that already has a System working and work with them until you begin to see what it is you really need.

Anyone can make recommendations but you are going to be the one that has to live with what you get and if you get the wrong stuff to start with you you will regret it for a long time.

I am pretty sure that between this board and the Digidesign Boards along with the zillion others around you should be able to find someone that would be willing to work with you on a project some folks will do it just for credit on an album.

+Quote Post
Presto
post Mon 23 Sep 2002, 20:35
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 3,984

Midnight posted this a long time ago and hasn't been back unless under another pseudo.

He started another similar forum and there have been replies from a few of us.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)

+Quote Post
damann
post Tue 24 Sep 2002, 01:54
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,044

thanks presto,
this kind of bulls*!t happens here sometimes. a major waste of our time and effort! angry.gif
to all rookies/newbies reading this.
please help us help you! cool.gif
the most dedicated WILL join the ranks of the most useful contributers, we don't do this for fun, and i challenge anybody reading this to find a more (comparitively) useful forum. cool.gif
i notice the transient newbies and the agressive rookies (hi salparadise99)and am not alone in subsequently ignoring these fools!
knowledge is the most powerful weapon at your disposal at all times...
time wasted is time lost. wink.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
Mr.T
post Tue 24 Sep 2002, 10:08
Post #5

SuperHero

Member No.: 2,244

Damn right! We've even argued because of this fool ! What a waste of our time and how disrespectful! The exact same question some weeks later and you thought...what?... that it would have pop out of our stupid brains?!... Get back to those golden eighties and leave us alone!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Presto
post Tue 24 Sep 2002, 14:15
Post #6

Maniac Member

Member No.: 3,984

Have a look at Midnight's site (click on his name). If I were he, I'd have decided it were better to be anonymous on here, as most people think once-successful musicians must be rolling in it. Sometimes they are, but usually not in money. I remember meeting a once-successful musician who had no more money than (and as many problems as) Mr Average - and he told me of others I used to listen to.

+Quote Post
damann
post Thu 26 Sep 2002, 02:40
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,044

as midnight dosen't appear to be available for comment, i may as well use this thread to say hi mr.t! hi presto! hi stuartpa!
whasuuup?
keep up the good work.
doh... laugh.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
Mr.T
post Thu 26 Sep 2002, 10:30
Post #8

SuperHero

Member No.: 2,244

Yeah, we could turn this thread into our own private toy where we could post any nonsense thoughts poping to our heads (I get a lot of those !).
In the meantime, greetings to you guys!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 27 Sep 2002, 04:57
Post #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hulloh everyone so this thread is the last place to talk about? wink.gif

Not very sensible blink.gif

BTW, stuarpa has made a somewhat sensible answer, so honor is saved laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Stuartpa
post Fri 27 Sep 2002, 17:41
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 7,326

Thanks folks I might be a newbie on this forum. I was only trying to help the guy out. I figure I have a lot to learn about these types of forum even though I have been in the Coputer business since the Mid Seventies .

Yup I am getting old so in a way it is nice to be called a newbie.

Over the years I have used quite a few bulleting boards but nowadays they are a whole lot better than the original ones.

Anyway I like this forum and when time permits I will post a questions of my own and where possible try to answer those of others.

I have great help from Daman and Legitmarten probably others too if I look closely and the vibe on this site is a whole lot less stuck up than the Digi one that I use sometimes.

Well Daman I get the new Macs next week I hop that just transferring one of the Internal HD's over to the new one workd as it is a lot of hassle getting all the Plug Ins and Software reauthorized so if anyone has any tips on that one I would really appreciate it. unsure.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 16:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008