MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Presonus Firebox Reviews?, Anyone actually use this yet?
bbmozee
post Tue 15 Mar 2005, 17:03
Post #41

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,688

Git:
Check out Apple Menu>About This Mac>More Info...System Profile>Logs.
The deal-killer for me was the inability to record 6 tracks simultaneously (as advertised). Also, I had no use for Cubase LE since I have Logic Pro 7 and Pro Tools LE.
It's a shame--I really liked the powerful headphone amp and clean audio. I was able to return it and pony up for a MOTU 828 at Guitar Center, hassle-free. I'm very glad I did. The 828 has been a pleasure to set up and use--a true workhorse that has handled everything I can throw at it. Highly recommended (and a deal for the extra money because it really works!). cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vickbabu
post Wed 16 Mar 2005, 23:11
Post #42

Member No.: 21,221

I was considering the firebox, aside from the fact that it is seriously backordered, this blows. Why are the requirements so high, the FW410 req. G3. I have an 867MhzG4 and no the DualG4 recomended, and plan on running Live, is there a interface that will work well in this $range.

+Quote Post
ArchivalAudio
post Tue 5 Apr 2005, 00:15
Post #43

Member No.: 27,749

hey
Awhile Back I did contact PreSonus
they (Rick) Said that they were looking into the problems with Logic

and I did just order one of these...
but
Now I guess I'll have to wait
they said they were still waitin for ones to comeon fromJanuary!D'OH!

hopefully
I'll get one soon
-- Ian

--------------------
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

Field and location recording iBook G4 1.2Ghz/ 1.2GB - MOTU UltraLite & Audiodesk | Fostex FR2-LE (currently stock)

Milab VM-44 Links | RODE NT5's | AT853a's C/SC | Naiant MSH-2's | other assorted mics
Mackie 1402Vlz | Fostex D-5 DAT
===============================
For sale make me an offer : PM me

Denecke AD-20 | Presonus FireBox

OLD School:
Mac Clone (PowerComputing PowerCenter Pro) G3 enabled 450mhz/512MB EgoSys waveterminal 2496 - Cubase VST 5.0 Peak,Jam etc! ;)
Fostex D-5 DAT

+Quote Post
twits celso
post Wed 6 Apr 2005, 17:11
Post #44

Member No.: 60,926

ArchivalAudio--where are you trying to get the 'Box from? I found my local Guitar Center was best--had one in stock when online places were saying "5 week delay" and when that first 'Box proved defective, they had another in stock when I brought it back.

It may be worth a few phone calls if you live close to some gear stores.

+Quote Post
khvt
post Thu 7 Apr 2005, 13:27
Post #45

Member No.: 50,276

I bought mine from Sweetwater. So far I like it - the only annoying thing is that sometimes - okay, most of the time it doesn't sync right away. The FAQs say to go into Audio/Midi & change the sample rate to "something different" which sends a sync signal. I wish I didn't have to do that - I bought it primarily so I could plug it in right away & get to work! if anyone has a solution, please pass it on. Thanks.

Pbook 10.3.8, Tracktion

+Quote Post
twits celso
post Thu 7 Apr 2005, 15:06
Post #46

Mine sometimes does that too, with same solution (you can also change "Clock Source," not that it's any less or more of a pain).Most of the time though, if I just leave it plugged in while my 'puter is asleep, it syncs again automatically when I get back to work, so I just leave it plugged in, though that's a waste of electricity.

+Quote Post
ArchivalAudio
post Fri 8 Apr 2005, 02:27
Post #47

twits celso
hey
thanx
UnfortnatelyI live about an hour to any audioshop that wouldhave this... Portland is morelike an hour n a half away... I ordered it from Cascade Media in P'Town OR, I knowthe Owner and a Good taping buddy ofmine ,I've known for 14 years now,just started working there.... I contacted Rick at Presonus,who respondeddirect to me when questioned about why they had not gotten sipemnt of units due in january....they will be receiving them in the next week! so mine is soon to come.
Cascade media is great to do business with and have always stood behind what they sell.

if youeverwant a quick reply fromPresonus I found that Rick is the guy....
I am looking forward to gettingmy Firebox and runningit very soon!

thanx

how'severyones luvk running with cubase LE that came with it???

-- Ian

--------------------
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Field and location recording iBook G4 1.2Ghz/ 1.2GB - MOTU UltraLite & Audiodesk | Fostex FR2-LE (currently stock)

Milab VM-44 Links | RODE NT5's | AT853a's C/SC | Naiant MSH-2's | other assorted mics

OLD School:
Mac Clone (PowerComputing PowerCenter Pro) G3 enabled 450mhz/512MB EgoSys waveterminal 2496 - Cubase VST 5.0 Peak,Jam etc! ;)
Fostex D-5 DAT

+Quote Post
twits celso
post Fri 8 Apr 2005, 15:14
Post #48

I've never even gotten around to opening the Cubase package. I use Logic Express--it works well with that, and you can change the sync rate from within Logic, which is nice.

I'm curious too--anyone use Cubase LE? Does it offer any advantages over similar programs?

+Quote Post
zorbeix
post Wed 20 Apr 2005, 02:10
Post #49

Member No.: 43,670

QUOTE (bbmozee @ Mar 11 2005, 16:49)
FireBox saga finale: I just discovered that the recent massive hit on my Mac OS X CPU (50-99% up from a nominal 1-30%) was due to the FireBox software. Removing the Control and Mixer apps returned things back to normal. System profile logs kept showing problems with both and clued me in. I never got a response from PreSonus from an earlier problem and now am of the opinion that the FireBox isn't quite ready for prime time on the Mac. It's a promising piece - but without SPDIF capability and the currently sloppy code I'll pass on this one for now.

End of story: Returned FireBox and ponied up for the popular and proven MOTU 828 Mk2. Life is sweet again!

So does it means that it's the mixer who's hogging the system or the box itself (= the fact that it's pluggued to the comp)

Thx in adv.

Olivier

+Quote Post
ArchivalAudio
post Wed 20 Apr 2005, 05:13
Post #50

I just got my Firebox yesterday...
so far only one mic pre seems to work... and I can not get it to be recognized in cubase..... more soon
kinda frustrated... when I did get to be able to change the driver to see the firebox...nothing happened...
more news soon

--Ian

This post has been edited by ArchivalAudio: Wed 20 Apr 2005, 05:15

--------------------
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

OLD School:
Fostex D-5 DAT

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 00:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008