MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error Trying To Synchronise Audio And Midi, Logic audio 6 error message...help!
neptune
post Sat 14 Feb 2004, 14:29
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,926

Hi

I'm trying in vain to get any sound sound of Logic Audio 6. I've followed the instructions in the "getting started" book to to the point where i've arranged the things in the environment etc, but when I hit "play" on the transport bar and strike a chord on my m-audio ozone all i get is this error message:

error trying to synchronise audio and midi
sample rate 43073 recognised
check conflict between logic audio and external device

I've had no problems making sounds in Reason 2.5...anyone got any ideas?

Gary
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 14 Feb 2004, 23:31
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Watch settings in both Logic and the eventual dedicated software of you audio interface (which is?) some settings don't match and Logic is not happy.

Look also into the sytem preferences and audio midi setup if you're in OSX.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
neptune
post Sun 15 Feb 2004, 16:02
Post #3

Rookie

I'm using the M-audio Ozone, with the latest driver. I can see MIDI in and out on the indicators in logic, when I make a chord shape the name comes up, so the signal is going in, but I can't seem to assign an instrument to it...aaarrggh! I've been following the instructions to the letter....

+Quote Post
xingu
post Sun 15 Feb 2004, 17:29
Post #4

Member No.: 6,217

You seem to be asking 2 questions here. The error message sounds like a driver conflict. What sample rate is the Ozone set too? Make sure this matches your settings in Logic, as LPM suggested. Also, is there an option to change the bitrate? These should match as well.

As for creating sounds with your Ozone - I'm assuming you realize that as a MIDI controller, the Ozone doesn't make any sounds of its own, so exactly what are you trying to use as an instrument within Logic?

+Quote Post
neptune
post Sun 15 Feb 2004, 23:19
Post #5

Rookie

The "Sample rate" error seems to have gone now - thanks for the tip!

This is the thing - In Logic, I followed the instructions to set up a physical input into an arpeggiator, then into an instument in the environment.

Then in the arrange window, selected the track "grand piano", then held on the icon, navigated the menu to the arpeggiator i'd created, hit play on the transport, but got no sound.

I'd just like to use the EVP73 or ESXP24 that came with the Big Box i bought, My plan being to embellish tracks already made in Reason with these instruments plus audio recorded in Logic.

+Quote Post
xingu
post Sun 15 Feb 2004, 23:53
Post #6

I'm going to assume that a) you already installed the EVP73 and EXSP24 and b) you're running OSX.

The grand piano thing is just an example - that's not going to give you a grand piano sound unless you assign one to it. Let's assume you have an audio instrument set up - in the track mixer (or the channel strip in arrange) click hold on the Input bar, select Stereo, Audio Units, and Emagic, and you should see the EVP and EXSP as choices. Select one and off you go.

+Quote Post
neptune
post Mon 16 Feb 2004, 00:05
Post #7

Rookie

Hi Xingu,

Thanks for your reply. I've done what you suggest, and I've found the two instruments, but when I strike a chord I still get no sound, though Logic can tell me what chord I'm playing (in the transport bar thingy).

Do I have to set some specific order in the environment window and select that layer in the track?

When I follow the instruction manual, the channel strip on the left off the arrange window changes from one where I can select said instruments to one that seems to offer 128 general MIDI ones...

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself too well, but I'm VERY new to Logic as you can tell!

Thanks

Gary

+Quote Post
xingu
post Mon 16 Feb 2004, 01:44
Post #8

It sounds like you have the track assigned as a MIDI instrument - I believe what you want it to be is an audio instrument. In the arrange window, long click on the Grand Piano and select Audio/Audio Instrument1 (or whatever number you'd like it to be). Then go select one of the plugs as described above.

+Quote Post
neptune
post Mon 16 Feb 2004, 09:49
Post #9

Rookie

Thanks

I'm at work now (doh) but I'll try that when I'm home & report back!

Gary

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 4 Jun 2024, 20:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008