MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Traveler Troubles, Quad G5, No audio from Traveler on Quad G5
GitGeezer
post Sat 28 Jan 2006, 10:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,280

For those of you with (or considering) a MOTU Traveler firewire interface:

Very slow (if any) response from MOTU on the following issue, so I thought I'd find out if the forum had some comments...

Audio output from the Traveler is never available after the first cold boot. Sometimes it will return after a restart. Mac audio software (iTunes, iPod, Quicktime) also behaves erratically after attempting to use the Traveler interface, but is usually available even when audio doesn't work from the applications listed below. Attempting to configure speakers from Audio MIDI Setup produces nothing (no pink noise) but a few soft clicks. MIDI is being received by applications.

My system:

Interface: MOTU Traveler, external AC powered
System: Mac Quad G5, 4Gig memory, 200Gig available disk space
Core Audio Framework version 3.0.1

Traveler firmware: 1.05, bootloader 1.0
Last installer used: fw_1.3.0
Drivers: 1.2.5
Cuemix: 1.5

Audio apps: Logic Pro 7.1.1, Absynth 3, Reaktor 5.2, Sibelius 3, Garritan Personal Orchestra

I have repaired permissions many times. I've installed the most current drivers (see above) from the MOTO support website. The Traveler is set as the default input and output device in Audio MIDI Setup. I would prefer not to upgrade to OS X 10.4.3 yet (and definitely not to 10.4.4), but if necessary I will.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
GitGeezer

--------------------
Quad G5, 4 gig memory, internal and external drives, MOTU Traveler, Logic Pro 7.1.1, Sibelius, Reaktor 5, Absynth 3, Live 5, OS X 4.4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 4 May 2024, 15:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008