MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multi-track Recording Software, Software that is simple and works in OSX
braj
post Sun 8 Feb 2004, 01:28
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,729

Tracktion also has Rewire support, which allows me to use it with Reason with incredible ease. Neither Metro nor Intuem offer this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Sun 8 Feb 2004, 02:21
Post #42

Member No.: 32,387

QUOTE (braj @ Feb 8 2004, 00:28)
Tracktion also has Rewire support, which allows me to use it with Reason with incredible ease. Neither Metro nor Intuem offer this.

Thanks again, braj. Your comments are quite detailed and are answering a lot of the questions I have.

What does Rewire do (so that I know if I would use it or want to use it in the future)?

+Quote Post
braj
post Sun 8 Feb 2004, 02:28
Post #43

QUOTE (Dadoo @ Feb 8 2004, 01:21)
QUOTE (braj @ Feb 8 2004, 00:28)

Thanks again, braj. Your comments are quite detailed and are answering a lot of the questions I have.

What does Rewire do (so that I know if I would use it or want to use it in the future)?

Rewire allows various audio and midi apps to work together, sending audio and midi signals between each other. Reason is a techno-heavy application that is awesome, but you can't record audio. Using Rewire, you can use Reason as a bank of sounds for Tracktion or another Rewire-ready app (most pro apps support this). It works wonderfully and extends the functionality of every app that uses it. I mentioned it because it gives you another avenue of flexibility that Metro and Intuem can't offer.

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Sun 8 Feb 2004, 03:44
Post #44

Thanks for the explanation braj, although I will admit ignorance to much of what you said. I would guess that I will get "into" a lot of the terminology you are using as I use the program and become more "techno-savvy". Your comment about extending the flexibility is a strong selling point for this entry level software as it allows the user (me!) to grow into and perhaps extend further.

Again, I appreciate your help.

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Wed 11 Feb 2004, 01:13
Post #45

Hi again braj. I contacted the Tracktion guys about my current system setup with Tracktion. The guy from there sent an e-mail saying he felt it was a bit on the slow side (my system) but he has heard of users with a similar configuration using it.

+Quote Post
braj
post Wed 11 Feb 2004, 01:23
Post #46

The beautiful thing about Tracktion is that you can freeze tracks or render them to audio, so even if your system isn't that fast, you'll likely get the best performance available in comparison to other DAW apps. If you use this feature (which is super-simple) you won't have any performance problems. Even if you do have some clicks or skips here and there when recording (they will probably be minor) they wont be there when you mix down to .aiff anyway.

Really, I was in a similar position as you recently and I bought Metro, GarageBand, and tested out Intuem and I really feel Tracktion offers the best featureset, UI, performance, and price of them all. I hadn't messed about with Midi for 12 years until January, so it's not like I had set ways of doing things. I just looked for the path of least resistance, and Tracktion was it.

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Wed 11 Feb 2004, 02:18
Post #47

Excellent braj. Your comments are very helpful. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Dadoo
post Sun 18 Apr 2004, 20:40
Post #48

I posted this message in my "poll" but thought it also fit here, for anyone else's benefit.

Well, here's the update on my experience thus far. I downloaded Tracktion (demo) and have found the time to record a short little instrumental piece with an acoustic, electric, and bass. I was able to add effects to the tracks that I wanted and was able to easily adjust the volume of each of the 3 tracks to levels that were complimentary. I was surprised at how quickly a newbie like myself could does this stuff. I have a ton to learn still but so far Tracktion makes it easy. I even learned how to connect my old Yamaha keyboard to my Audiophile USB interface, load a midi file into Tracktion and have it played for my on my keyboard. Probably old hat for many of you, but to me .... amazing!

I did download Intuem (demo) to try it out as well. So far, a big disappointment. Tried to do the midi thing with it and it wouldn't play. It just kept freezing up my computer. And not like just the program freezing up, but its freezing up did it to every other program I tried to open up, so I had to restart my computer (which I rarely have to do in OS 10.2.8). So I'm not impressed with Intuem at all.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 15:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008