MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools M-powered Monitoring Set Up, very basic set up advice needed
invisibleimage
post Fri 22 Dec 2006, 05:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,492

I'm new to Pro Tools and recording in general, and missing something very basic: Using Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3, M-Audio Audiophile Firewire interface, M-Audio Axiom25 USB keyboard. G5, Dual 2 GHz PowerPC, 3GB RAM, latest drivers for M-Audio devices.
I can record a track, and I see sound levels, but cannot figure out how to monitor while recording or output sound on playback. I can monitor and play out sound when using garageband, so i know that my audiophile interface is working. In Pro Tools I can't hear anything. Pro Tools recognizes the hardware as well. Are there settings i need to adjust to send sound out through the firewire interface, either in Pro Tools or the audiophile control panel?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
armyboy
post Fri 22 Dec 2006, 12:55
Post #2

Member No.: 81,478

If you look at one of the options at the top and scroll down the very last setting is a lower latency option ,turn that on and see if that helps,I think it might

+Quote Post
aportman
post Sat 23 Dec 2006, 06:41
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 72,457

First of all make sure your PT audio engine is set to your audiophile sound card. Just because it is in garage Band, does not necessarily mean it is in PT. If that looks okay, you make sure your track input (I&O) you are recording to matches the channel input of your sound source. When you press the record tab button on the track, you should see a signal indicated on the track meter. If not look upstream from that point. I have found that If you do not want a doublling or latency effect coming through the track when you record, I personally circumvent this by changing the "output" on the track "bus" 1. There may be a better way, but it works fine for me. Of course to hear the track during playback you will need to change (Output) back to the "Stereo 1/2"setting. One more suggestion is to go ahead and re-down load your M-Audio Drivers for your particular sound card. Things are evolving so rapid that many times drivers will not drive the newest software version. If it is the problem, it will more than likely be the audio card driver.

Good Luck!!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

Allen

QUOTE (invisibleimage @ Fri 22 Dec 2006, 04:47) *
I'm new to Pro Tools and recording in general, and missing something very basic: Using Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3, M-Audio Audiophile Firewire interface, M-Audio Axiom25 USB keyboard. G5, Dual 2 GHz PowerPC, 3GB RAM, latest drivers for M-Audio devices.
I can record a track, and I see sound levels, but cannot figure out how to monitor while recording or output sound on playback. I can monitor and play out sound when using garageband, so i know that my audiophile interface is working. In Pro Tools I can't hear anything. Pro Tools recognizes the hardware as well. Are there settings i need to adjust to send sound out through the firewire interface, either in Pro Tools or the audiophile control panel?

I am sorry! I should have read your post more thoroughly. I see that you apparently are okay on the sound card set-up. Your drivers are also apparently okay. That is what happens when you try to scan a post quickly. You should be able to apply the rest.

Allen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 18 May 2024, 00:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008