MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Me Build The Ultimate Portable Music Studio.., ULTIMATE PORTABLE MUSIC STUDIO..
stewie7777777
post Wed 1 Feb 2006, 11:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,089

Hello...I'm a PC-recently-turned-Mac-Lover and Need some Advice...

I want to build The Ultimate Portable Studio that can also Handle playing Multiple Resource-Hogging Plug-ins (Virtual Instruments)...

So, Two Purposes for the laptop:
1) Music Production and Recording (Cubase, Pro Tools)
2) Live Performance (V-Stack)…so in essence A VST Beast!

I plan on buying:
The Akai MPC2500
M-Audio Semi-weighted 88 Keys

Can someone help me out of this overwhelming decision process with What laptop? what interfaces work best...etc...all this "wait-to-buy"..."buy-now- stuff" is crazy

Any advice is Hugely appreciated...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bcatcho
post Wed 1 Feb 2006, 19:22
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 58,914

I'll just throw some simple advice out there: power book with multiple gigs of ram. The Akai MPC2500 is a very expensive tool and it frustrates me that they don't include a firewire connection (its USB which is not bad but a CPU hog at times). Other than that it's amazing.

Word of warning though: i'm not sure if you are used to playing real pianos or synths, but the keys of the m-audio keystation's are really cheap feeling and aren't heavy enough for my tastes. But for the money it is a great midi controler.

--------------------
cheapchops.net = deals on progear and audio stuffs
user posted image

+Quote Post
stewie7777777
post Thu 2 Feb 2006, 07:14
Post #3

Member No.: 76,089

Thanks for all the input...Hopefully there are others (Yes I'm talking to you =)...that would love to share their input as well...no Seriously your knowledge may seem like nothing to you but it means a whole lot to me at this point...

THE ULTIMATE PORTABLE STUDIO & VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT MACHINE =O

....Wow...is my excitement surpassing the speed of technology?...Is it possible?...anyone?...lol

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 3 Feb 2006, 03:07
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I'd say go for the macbook (there will be other models by the end of the year) as you don't have legacy peripherals or software to run on it, it'd be a safe bet. But you'll have to wait a little for availability, including software.

Now the interface will be a problem… right now. unsure.gif

Now whatever the laptop: bcatcho is right… RAM! the more the merrier.

On the USB keyboard, I'd have a look at what's available, M-audio touch cheap but work usually, and now there's a load of controlers available everywhere, I don't know half of them.

On the high end, i'd look into the Korg and CMI direction… Now not everyone needs this stuff.

Now laptopists! it's your turn! wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 10 May 2024, 00:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008