MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> What Do You All Think About Kontakt As To Esx24?, Compare soft samplers!!
III777III
post Tue 1 Oct 2002, 07:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,998

••I like to TIME stretch per sample (like loops)
••I like to change the Pitch of a sample with out changing the time and leignth
••I like to have the best quality possible, accurate playback.
••I would like full automation on all p-rameters of filters etc.
••I would like more formts as possible, CD Xtract does it fo now.
••I would like a simple and easy interface, key zone layout and graphics.
••more instances ofcourse and multi outs.

I have used the esx24 for 2 years now, i created a excellent 12GIG library of sounds i use more then any sample cds i still try to get to improve it.
I have been sampling since PUBLIC ENEMY's Eric Shockly has been tweaking AKAIS S900 mono out samplers in the 80s and i swore by the esx24 and thought its future would intergrate emu and roland de emphesis but still no luck ; / .

Basically i have over 85 songs with esx24 sample instances and trapped if i never got a esx24 like lots of people that have to go threw the KeyCode gestapos in GERMANY.

AND NOW?; i waited for Kotakt mac and emagic moves to there new audio units, i got kontakt Mac finaly and ofcourse its a vst app, what the hell is going on in this biz next NO ONE KNOWS!!!

So what am i going to do next, learn kontakt????, seems like its a great sampler but not easy after getting used to a esx24.

Also i JUST heard the esx32/64 is around the corner in oct.2002 and it has been improved XTREAMLY to justify a KONTAKT corssgrade to this audio unit sampler.

So my question to those SAMPLE GARUS is?
What do you guys think about KONTAKT?,

Is it better off continuing with the esx24/32/64 whatever the next hype is, or is vst a bad investment, and if so please let me know why you think KONTAKT is so important to start loading a library and its chances of been the one and only sampler in the future?

Will KONTAKT support audio units?
Can KOTANKT do the ultimate JOB?

Thanks.

--------------------
HARDWARE---> APPLE G4, 450MP, 520MB, 4x80Gigata's w/accord pci ata card, 2x15"apple cinema flatpanels with additional radeon (mac eddition)-Powerd a dr.bott Diviator.OS---> OS9.2/OS X.1.1.5.. MUSIC SOFTWARE---> emagic-LogicAudio 5.1.3 with a esx24 sampler , PRO TOOLS (m-BOX & MIX +), Absynth, FM7, PRO52/SUPER-NOVA, Battery, Reason2, Rebirth, Waves3.2+, AKAI & SCii LIBRARY, Roxio5/Jam5,...VIDEO+ GRAPHIC SOWAFTRE---> PhotoShop 7.5, Final Cut Pro 3, Premiere 6, Cleaner Pro 5, After Effects 5.5, qt 6.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 30 May 2024, 19:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008