MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apple Unveils Logic Studio including Logic 8, news
lepetitmartien
post Thu 20 Sep 2007, 15:53
Post #11

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

It's just awesome.

A big bundle, good price, no more protection hassle… who needs more? Now, I'm not naive, Apple sells hardware, thy push Logic that way in order to sell the Macs. Now we only need bigger better mac pros.

And there's been interface improvement, THAT'S BIG.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thea Hardy
post Fri 21 Sep 2007, 07:24
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,510

Yeah, don't get me wrong - this is a very nice package. And it did encourage me to buy hardware, tho not Apple. I ordered a nice Hitachi Travelstar 200GB fast 2.5" harddrive for my Intel Mac, but I am lucky the business can afford to do it. It upped the expense, but made for a better overall system for me, so really, I am not complaining. The more I play with this, the more I like it.

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 21 Sep 2007, 08:37
Post #13

Member No.: 81,499

QUOTE (Thea Hardy @ Thu 20 Sep 2007, 06:50) *
Oh, if only things went as smoothly as it appeared. Nothing too terrible, really, but I was not able to install the Jam Packs on my external drive, which was a pain because my laptop's HD is too small. I knew when I inserted the content disk for the Jam Packs and it said I had to use the Logic DVD to install that this was likely to be the case, and it was. Because they live in the Library/Application Support I guess they have to be on the system disk.

Have you tried moving the Jam Packs after the install and placing an Alias in the Lib/App Support folder?

I'm going to be installing the new Logic across a suite of 12 studios soon and we're hoping to put the libraries on a central server to save hard disk space (we have gigabit ethernet so it should be plenty fast enough).

Will report back on the experience.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Fri 21 Sep 2007, 15:40
Post #14

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Fri 21 Sep 2007, 09:37) *
Have you tried moving the Jam Packs after the install and placing an Alias in the Lib/App Support folder?

We had some posts about this in the french forums here:
http://fr.440forums.com/forums/?showtopic=35483

According to one of our member, you don't even have to make an alias. You just have to drag an drop the bank into the loop browser window to relink the bank.

HTH

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post
Thea Hardy
post Sat 22 Sep 2007, 07:05
Post #15

Member No.: 55,510

Oh, cool - good help, folks! My new hard drive got delayed by a glitch and I can't stand waiting. I will try that out tonight. Super!!

Thanks!

+Quote Post
neeleyc
post Fri 5 Oct 2007, 10:02
Post #16

Member No.: 85,324

There is a free event that you can attend on Thursday 8th November in London to see the new Apple Logic Pro 8 in action.

Dreamtek Ltd, in partnership with Apple, will host the initial launch of the most significant upgrade to Apple Logic Pro in 3 years - Apple Logic Studio.

Logic Studio comprises Logic Pro 8, an exciting and major upgrade; Mainstage, for Live performance, Soundtrack Pro 2, Music to picture, WaveBurner 1.5 CD authoring and other audio utilities.

Dreamtek, Apple Solution Experts for audio & video solutions are experts in Logic and this launch event will allow users to see the new features first hand and speak to the experts from Apple and Dreamtek.

Between 3pm and 7pm
Cafe 1001, 1 Dray walk, 91 Brick Lane, London E1

To register email audio@dreamtek.tv

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 12:35
- © 440 Forums 2011