MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Error Message (-9136), memory problems
judahjsn
post Fri 7 Sep 2007, 21:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,647

No matter how few plug-ins I use, or track counts, I continually get the following error message:

CPU usage is holding off USB audio. Remove some plug-ins, delete some tracks or increase the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine dialog. (-9136)

What is strange about it is that it happens frequently at the moment I touch the touch pad to make an edit, or the space bar to stop play. I don't trust that it actually has anything to do with buffer size or track or plug-in counts because occasionally it will just play through fine and any time I've actually had real memory limitations on earlier systems, this would never happen.

I'm using a MacBook running OS X 10.4.10 (but had the same problem before I made the update to 10.4.10) and Pro Tools 7.3.1. My RAM is maxed out: 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, Memory 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

For recording, I'm using an M-box (not the new ones) and recording to a separate firewire drive.

Specific settings:

H/W Buffer Size: 1024 Samples
RTAS Processors 2 processors
CPU Usage Limit: 90%
RTAS Engine: checked to Ignore errors during playback and minimize additional I/0 Latency
DAE Playback BUffer Size 8

Can someone please help me??

Daniel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 12:37
Post #2

Member No.: 81,499

Elsewhere on the Digi site it recommends plugging your M-Box into the front USB port only (the one furthest from the screen). This wasn't hard to find so I guess you've already tried this.

This post has been edited by Jim Hoyland: Fri 14 Sep 2007, 12:38

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Ianemberton
post Fri 21 Sep 2007, 19:05
Post #3

Member No.: 95,101

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Fri 14 Sep 2007, 04:37) *
Elsewhere on the Digi site it recommends plugging your M-Box into the front USB port only (the one furthest from the screen). This wasn't hard to find so I guess you've already tried this.

This worked for me. I've been trying to figure out all sorts of conflicting plugins etc... and it turns out its the usb port! Same thing though, the error appeared to be related to me touching the mac book. Space or click to stop, if I used the trackball tere was no error. Very odd. try it out and I hope it solves your problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008