MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Anyone Walk Me . . ., Live 5.2+ProTools
fishboisfo
post Thu 21 Sep 2006, 07:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,641

I need help . . . Is there any way I can set Live 5 and Pro Tools so that Pro Tools will simultaneously record from Live 5 ? Is there a way to do this by track ? RE: I have set times at pretty exact moments, and have found that occasionally the timing is off when I export each track as an individual loop (in Live) and then drop it into Pro Tools. I realize I won't be able to incorporate some of the VST effects ( until the "flatten feature" is made available in Live 6 ), but I realy like the recording and mastering flexibility - in general - in LE and I also think the audio algorythm ( audio quality ) sounds better.
Since I can't slave ProTools to Live, I feel like I'm kinda stuck. Are there any Pro Tools whiz(s) out there able to "walk me through" the process ?
I would really appreciate the help / feedback !!

Thank You !!

-donald
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeze
post Fri 22 Sep 2006, 18:02
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 6,502

fishboisfo,
first of all, LIVE and Pro Tools sync both as slave and master, which means, you start PT and LIVE follows,
and viceversa; you make a selection in PT, and you get the same selection in LIVE, and reverse;
that thanks to the REWIRE plugin present into PT;
to record LIVE audio output into Pro Tools (in sync with it), do as follows:

1- create a stereo Aux Input track in PT
2- insert the Ableton LIVE Rewire plugin
3- open LIVE program (at startup it will recognise the open Rewire plugin and will get the sync from PT)
4- automatically LIVE takes the same PT tempo bpm
5- in the LIVE Arrangement window, drop into an audio track the sample loop you want to record in PT,
now you can see the Aux track bar led moving as your sample runs; if you record only one track at a time,
you can leave the LIVE track audio output to Master
6- in PT, set the Aux track output to (e.g.) bus 1-2, then create a stereo audio track and select the same
bus 1-2 as its input
7- put PT in record mode and click on the record tab, now your LIVE sample is recorded into PT

if you need to record more LIVE audio tracks simultaneously, you must create other aux/audio tracks in PT,
in the LIVE pluging window, as output , instead of Mix L - Mix R , you'll select Bus 03 - Bus 04 for the first track,
Bus 05 - Bus 06 for the next, and so on; now do the same in LIVE tracks, just expand a track, click in the Master tab
and you will see 3 options: Rewire Out, Master and Sends Only; choose Rewire Out and give it the same buses you selected in PT.

it's that simple!

This post has been edited by zeze: Fri 22 Sep 2006, 18:03

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Fri 22 Sep 2006, 21:24
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

fishboisfo, rickenbacker and jce44. Great seeing familiar names...

+Quote Post
fishboisfo
post Sat 23 Sep 2006, 14:44
Post #4

Member No.: 67,641

THANK YOU !!!!!!! YOU ARE A GODSEND !! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 11 Oct 2024, 15:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008