MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Guy At Apple Store Told Me I Can Piggy Back Firewire Devices, The Audio Interface And The External Hardrive..., is this true ?
etadaepar
post Wed 10 Jun 2009, 06:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,146

Yea i was going to buy the imac but they don't make one with 2 firewire ports one for my audio interface and the other for the audio drive so I don't have to record to my system drive, so i was asking about that and the guy says that's not an issue because firewire devices ckan be "piggy-backed" he said I can do it with the interface/soundcard and the external HD and record onto the hard drive from the audio interface still going through the apple software...?

thanks

This post has been edited by etadaepar: Wed 10 Jun 2009, 06:16
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lancet
post Tue 4 Aug 2009, 18:59
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,480

QUOTE (mortalengines @ Wed 15 Jul 2009, 06:52) *
.it may be worth waiting for them- the notion that they were going to abandon a data transfer format which has served them so well for so long (and one that they developed, no less) was absolutely ludicrous. Has anyone heard otherwise?

www.reverbnation.com/mortalengines

In so much as Apple never made any public statements regarding they "were going to abandon" Firewire that's just speculation. If anything, they were just differentiating the Pro and consumer lines of laptops by including it in the Pro and not in the consumer machines.

Let's face it, the USB only Macbooks are basically smaller Macbook Pro's sans the firewire. Since then they have dumped the unibody macbook and rolled the 13" size into the Macbook pro family.

It's also worth noting that the current Macbook is the OLD plastic white macbook, solidifying the differentiation (again) between the Pro and consumer lines.

IMHO, including a legacy FW 400 port on future models is unlikely. Since there is only ONE FW bus, and 800 is completely compatible with 400 devices the addition of a port accomplishes nothing more than the proper cables and a Firewire hub would.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 7 May 2024, 00:19
- © 440 Forums 2011