MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Us-122 Imac Intel Help!, Got a kernal panic and now audio in/out is distorted
jiveunit
post Tue 17 Oct 2006, 21:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,283

Hi,

I had been using my US-122 with my intel imac for a month when I got a black screen telling me to restart (kernal panic?).

On advice from mac support I did an archive and install. Still no joy.

I am running 10.4.8. The same set up works fine on my girlfriends G4 laptop. She has 10.4.8 and the same driver 3.4.0.

Does anyone have any advice?

My guess is the new tascam driver is having issues with the intel chip.

thanks alot

Al.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Flando
post Tue 15 Jan 2008, 05:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,883

Maybe you could try this... I had problems on my iBook G4 as the green light wouldn't come on... called the company & they said it's supposed to work fine... had the latest upgrade & everything. After a few hours of being frustrated, I plugged in the USB cord from the US 122 directly into the USB port on my laptop. It never worked with it plugged into a USB hub. It has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now, so try & plug your interface directly into the computer.

Then I upgraded to a MacBook Pro & had the same problem & called Tascam, & they gave me the web page to get the latest upgrade driver for the intel computer OS 10.4 & up. It also works flawlessly.

Here's the way to get to it on the Tascam.com web page:

Go to tascam.com
Go to Products on top of the page & go to Legacy
Go to Computer Products & click on Interfaces/Controllers
Go to the US 122 picture, click on it & go to the download that fits your computer

Hope this helps! Happy recordings!
Flando
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 18:02
- © 440 Forums 2011