MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drivers For Tiger 10.4.4, Barely anything works anymore.
dextrometh
post Fri 20 Jan 2006, 16:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,807

Once I updated my OS to Tiger 10.4.4, nothing seemed to work anymore. I ditched my ProTools for Logic 7, using new Digidesign Core Audio driver with my Mbox. That seems to work, but I have an M-Audio Uno MIDI interface and an M-Audio Oxygen 8 that my laptop won't even recognize. I went to the M-Audio website and there are no drivers available for this hardware, yet(?)

Anyone have any ideas? Should I just give-up and buy new hardware?!?

[edit LPM OS version]

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Sat 21 Jan 2006, 03:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 21 Jan 2006, 04:08
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I've got this from M-Audio website

MIDISport Series

Version: Mac OS 10.4.4 Compatibility

Release Date: January 18, 2006

Applies to:
MIDISPORT 1x1, MIDISPORT 2x2, MIDISPORT 2x4, MIDISPORT 4x4, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, MIDISPORT Uno USB

Operating System(s):
Mac OS 10.4.4

Release Notes:
Apple 10.4.4 Notice:

We are currently verifying compatibility of our hardware with Apple's new Tiger operating system revision 10.4.4. No device manufacturer can predict the compatibility of their hardware with a new OS until the final version has been released. We value your time and user experience, and want to ensure that our Tiger drivers are as robust as possible before providing them for download. We thank you for your patience while we verify these drivers, and we will post them shortly.

=====

Keyboard Series

Version: Mac OS X 10.4.4 Compatibility

Release Date: January 18, 2006

Applies to:
Keystation 49, Keystation 61, Oxygen8, Radium49, Radium61

Operating System(s):
Mac OS 10.4.4

Release Notes:
Apple 10.4.4 Notice:

We are currently verifying compatibility of our hardware with Apple's new Tiger operating system revision 10.4.4. No device manufacturer can predict the compatibility of their hardware with a new OS until the final version has been released. We value your time and user experience, and want to ensure that our Tiger drivers are as robust as possible before providing them for download. We thank you for your patience while we verify these drivers, and we will post them shortly.

So they are checking, it should work but they need to verify.

On your side, I'd chase all traces of drivers, temp files, caches, prefs files related to them if there's one (it should be all in the Libraries folders, there are 2 of them), trash them, do some basic clean up first with Apple drive utility on the Tiger install CD (restart from it) check the drive and the permissions, then install the drivers and using OnyX for BSD scripts, permissions, system optimisation this time (it's just the easier way to run the scripts and optimise the system).

Think about unplug everything including mains about 20-30 seconds too while you're in the shutdown/start up routine, to help reinitialize the ports.

And tell us if it works. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
dextrometh
post Mon 23 Jan 2006, 16:10
Post #3

Member No.: 32,807

Thanks for the reply. I found that response on their site, but the response itself was on a page with no downloads. If they have a new driver download, please point it out to me and I'll snag it.

On your side, I'd chase all traces of drivers, temp files, caches, prefs files related to them if there's one (it should be all in the Libraries folders, there are 2 of them), trash them, do some basic clean up first with Apple drive utility on the Tiger install CD (restart from it) check the drive and the permissions, then install the drivers and using OnyX for BSD scripts, permissions, system optimisation this time (it's just the easier way to run the scripts and optimise the system).

- Regarding the drivers, temp files, caches, pref files... should I just do this by eye, looking for anything like "m-audio" or "usb uno" etc?

- Do I have to use the install DVD or can I simply use the Disk Utility application to do the permissions fixes?

- What's "OnyX for BSD..."???

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 24 Jan 2006, 02:33
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

QUOTE (dextrometh @ Jan 23 2006, 16:10)
Thanks for the reply.  I found that response on their site, but the response itself was on a page with no downloads.  If they have a new driver download, please point it out to me and I'll snag it.

Well, they are testing, so if doesn't work, they'll have to upload a new driver. Meanwhile they don't have a new one…
- Regarding the drivers, temp files, caches, pref files... should I just do this by eye, looking for anything like "m-audio" or "usb uno" etc?

As I don't have any M-audio stuff here i can't tell, but there should be either m-audio, maudio in them. as the drivers are for multiple devices, there won't be the product name on files…
- Do I have to use the install DVD or can I simply use the Disk Utility application to do the permissions fixes?

While you're at it, use the DVD see below…
- What's "OnyX for BSD..."???

BSD is Berkeley Software Distribution, as in NetBSD or Free BSD, OS X is partly based on freeBSD. Included in all BSD systems are BSD maintenance scripts running daily, every week and every month.

OnyX is a small utility, free, which runs basic tools than can be done otherwise in the Terminal. Among these are the BSD scripts. While you have the DVD in:
- Using Apple utility, repair the hard drive
- repair permissions.
- Then launch the OS X installer and install using the personalization button the "BSD subsystems".
- repair permissions (always do that after installs)
- Restart on your hard drive.

Now you can use OnyX, it can do a lot of stuff (remember, it's just using like the Apple drive utility routines which are in OS X but in the Command Line only), but be careful, when it says restart, it is a good idea to do so. Also don't check all options just because you can. wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Ortega
post Fri 27 Jan 2006, 18:17
Post #5

Member No.: 68,515

I have the same problem. (OS 10.4.4)
I purchased the M-Powered version of Pro Tools and it doesn't recognize my Firewire Audiophile input section. It does recognize the outs!
Midi works OK>

I can't believe it has taken this long for M-audio to generate compatible drivers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 20 Sep 2024, 22:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008