MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Os X Driver in beta: The MOTU connection, Motu 828, 2408, all that stuff
post Fri 26 Jul 2002, 21:49
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

MOTU.com -- i have just installed it and tried it with Live 1.5... it works as well as the os9 version... the readme says that it doesn't save the prefs so it goes back to 44100 if you use 48k but that's ok... the only strange thing i noticed is that once i've used Live with the MotU, then quit, it switches the normal output to the MoTu instead of the mac's built-in speakers, but i changed that back to normal in the system pref sound panel. i will follow up or edit this post if i notice anything interesting about it. please do the same! and don't forget to use funky fonts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 27 Jul 2002, 00:38
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
damann
post Sun 28 Jul 2002, 18:41
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

anybody have any news on a driver for 2408 mk2?
i'm gonna sell it soon if i don't here about SOMETHING! angry.gif
newenham! i don't even bother too much with uppr case, lt alone funky fonts when i'm posting. smile.gif
these forums are about MUSIC. what's written is what's important, not how it's presented. wink.gif
[COLOR=orange][SIZE=14][FONT=Optima]
also, when this kind of thing happens, i feel like someone has slipped acid in my drink! especially as i use preetty strong reading glasses that MAGNIFY everything...... laugh.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 29 Jul 2002, 03:51
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

About the MK2 (I got one I got One!!!! wink.gif there was beta dirvers available about 2 month ago… I got them, havent installed them so… can't tell you.

Be logical, would MOTU drop the entire PCI324 range just to annoy you?

no way… 2408 is their most successfull interface (think 828 is second)

check MOTU's site or Apple software pages (I had it there) tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
feenomenal
post Mon 29 Jul 2002, 04:28
Post #5

Member No.: 6,237

I also downloaded the OS X drivers for the 828, and since I had no multitrack software for OS X, I downloaded the trial version of BIAS' Deck software. Everything worked perfectly - I don't have an ADAT to sync to or use optical in/out ANYWAY, so the fact that those aren't yet supported by these drivers didn't affect me any.

I haven't yet tried to record multiple simultaneous tracks, but given my single-track success (and my OS 9 success with multiple tracks) things look very optimistic. I plan on recording a tune tomorrow night with a few tracks and see how it goes.

By the way, I really dig the Deck software. Very intuative, easy on the eyes, great plug-ins and effects... just nice. smile.gif Sadly, the LE version of the software (sans a lot of plug-ins) is probably more fitting for my current budget given last week's MOTU 828 purchase and upcoming iBook purchase ...

Mike

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 29 Jul 2002, 13:44
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

As you may mark it, I changed the thread name to be upon ALL MOTU drivers beta.

(Supreme lasergun at work blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Mon 29 Jul 2002, 13:54
Post #7

Group:
Member No.: 0

damann you're a rather sad person and i'm glad i got some acid in your body

fenomenal, there aren't many fx for osx yet anyway. I recommend giving the Superdestry FX a try, they're free and work on osx and you can get interesting noises after a lot of tweaking. I think Bias has carbonized (or whatever) vBox. And that's all I know of for osx. Maybe someone should start an OS X VST thread?

+Quote Post
bodland
post Mon 29 Jul 2002, 14:29
Post #8

Member No.: 6,330

I just installed the MOTU OS X public beta driver for the 828 on my ibook G3 500Mhz.

Here are my experiences thus far:

iTunes - plays though the 828 fine.
Bias Deck LE 3.5 - downloaded the trial, installed. Was testing with a mic plugged into the 828 was getting a signal through, CPU meter windows does not work. and I cannot get hardware monitoring. Then I clicked something (can't remember what) and Deck crashed hard and fails to restart. Reinstalled the 828 drivers to no help there. Deck still crashes on startup.

I need a multi-track recorder for OS X. I guess I will have to wait and see if MOTU provides a AudioDesk for OS X.

I'll keep messing around with it....and let you all know how it goes...

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 29 Jul 2002, 18:00
Post #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Reinstalled the 828 drivers to no help there. Deck still crashes on startup.

trash the preferences of Deck, could help wink.gif
I need a multi-track recorder for OS X. I guess I will have to wait and see if MOTU provides a AudioDesk for OS X.

Aren't we all in the same situation wink.gif

Anyway, as the audiodesk software is mainly a midiless/a few bells and whistles version of DP, you'll have to wait until Christmas the release of DP. Can't have before it's finished, no? Uh? laugh.gif

And newenham, Post how you like to, but remember, you can't force others to agree on such things as "funky fonts". BTW:

It won't make the beta work any better tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
damann
post Wed 31 Jul 2002, 01:42
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,044

hey newenham, wake up.
i started an osx vst thread weeks ago!!!
laugh.gif
personally, i think your funky fonts are SAD. wink.gif
and destroy fx is OLD news...
who exactly is sad around here? tongue.gif
you seem to be, as we say in london
"all mouth and no trousers" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
pay attention in class...

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 20:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008