MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Absolute Newb-very Curious And No Idea What To Do!
litlboyblu
post Tue 15 Feb 2005, 23:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,589

I'm going to try to avoid a ramble here, so I'll just tell you what end result I want, and what I have as far as equipment now: I currently use a G4 mirror drive door Mac, I have an MC303 that i'd like to use in conjuction w/ the mac and Propellarheads Reason software. I know need to purchase a midi controller for Reason, and eventually...A year or so I want to have a turntable, a mixer, the 303, and reason all hooked up and running thru my comp. I would like to be able to mix my vinyl and work with the 303 and reason in realtime, and be able to record my work thru the computer

I hope thats not to convoluted, and any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 03:08
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

And the question? wink.gif laugh.gif

I'd say you need some audio interface, a small one… but a question to start would be better wink.gif right now it's more confuse than convoluted (no reverb here Bwaahaaha laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
litlboyblu
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 06:23
Post #3

I did ramble eh? Anyways...I gues the question is, what type of equipment must I get to be able to run a set up like this? What is necessary to allow the above mentioned bits of gear to work when hooked up to my Mac?

+Quote Post
angryman
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 10:02
Post #4

Member No.: 48,084

You should have a look at this: http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/numark/dxm01usb its a USB DJ mixer which should do the trick. I havn't used one yet but it looks good. You can use it as an audio interface and it comes with recording software too...

According to the blurb, you can record live mixes in to your computer or mix songs you already have on your Mac.

--------------------

+Quote Post
litlboyblu
post Wed 16 Feb 2005, 21:07
Post #5

Ahh interesting. I assume it would work w/ a regular old fashioned Technics MK1200 and the 303?? Sounds promising...

+Quote Post
Masterjazz
post Thu 17 Feb 2005, 12:21
Post #6

Member No.: 60,040

Are you planning on playing loops and stuff from your 303 in time wih what records your playing? if so you'll need to have a midi connection aswell but you prob already knew that..

Do you not already have a midi controller for you 303 or does it just have some key pads on it,

you plan isnt that complicated as far as i know so im sure youll have o problems, sorry i cant help more...

+Quote Post
litlboyblu
post Thu 17 Feb 2005, 18:53
Post #7

In answer to your questions Masterjazz, right now all I have is the 303 and I have Garageband installed on my comp. I would eventually like to mix the records while using the 303 and garageband or other programs together to tweak sounds, etc. I don't even have a midi controller yet. Im VERY new to midi use on my computer. unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 00:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008