MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mbox 2 With Logic, How do I use my MBox 2 with Logic Express 8?
ntrprts
post Thu 5 Jun 2008, 22:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,552

Hello all, I recently purchased the Mbox 2 which came with the ProTools LE software disk. On my Mac, I have both ProTools LE and Logic Express 8. I was told it's best to record into Logic and then do most of my mastering in ProTools. The Mbox works instantly with ProTools but I was wondering if anyone could walk me through how I get Logic to read and record through the MBox? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ok, I went into the Logic preferences and saw that I could change the input to the Mbox. Now, I can hear the guitar and it's obviously being picked up by Logic through the Mbox, but when I hit record the tracking bar starts moving and I can hear the metronome, but no actual recording appears. As though I just hit the space bar to start playing it without having recorded anything. Any ideas?

-Mischa

This post has been edited by ntrprts: Thu 5 Jun 2008, 22:54
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dasa Soul
post Thu 19 Jun 2008, 07:55
Post #2

Member No.: 38,418

Aloha!! on Logic Pro 7 to record on a Audio track ,you have to Set Audio Record Path, that is on the main Logic top menu>Audio>set recording path , a window will open all you have to do is chose the length time ,15 min is the default cool.gif

+Quote Post
ntrprts
post Sun 22 Jun 2008, 00:17
Post #3

Member No.: 101,552

I don't see a direct "Audio" drop down window. I did find "audio" under something else but nothing that implied I could change the recording path. Maybe because this is Logic "Express?"

-Mischa

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 05:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008