MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Edirol Pcr M30 Keys Not Working, some keys not working
audiofeen
post Mon 30 Apr 2007, 21:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,747

i have an edirol pcr mc30, i have had it for about 2 years , in the last year some of the keys have slowly stopped working, i have hard that it has rubber contacts for the keys and that you can use a hair dryer to heat the muck that is stopping the connection of the contacts.

can anybody help me i don't want to have to buy a new controller @ the moment

regards audiofeen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
resq
post Mon 14 May 2007, 16:25
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,813

Hi Audiofeen!

I had the same issue with my PCR-30 a couple of years ago. It is a well-known problem with the PCR30/50/80 series: the rubber pads under the keys deteriorate over time and fail to make proper contact. Cleaning the contacts won't help. Check the link below for more info:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...rol/PCR-30/10/1
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...rol/PCR-50/10/1

The good news is that the rubber pads can be easily replaced. The bad news is you'll have to contact your nearest Edirol reseller (note: they don't sell spare parts, so you'll have to have them service the unit).

In my case, I was unlucky to not have an official reseller in my country (Mauritius - a small tropical island in the Indian Ocean). My unit was purchased in Australia and it was also out of warranty.

I contacted Roland Australia, but they never cared to reply my email. Europe and US branches said they could not help because I was not in their region. Roland Japan, on the other hand, said I should ship the unit abroad to my nearest dealer, which was definitely not a solution as the shipping/insurance costs alone would be as much as a new PCR!!

After much frustration and numerous emails, Roland Japan finally agreed to shipped two new sets of rubber pads free of charge by courrier!!

I disassembled the unit (lots of screws and springs, but it was quite easy) and replace the rubber pads. To this day, the unit still works as good as new! :-)

I don't know where you live (Europe/US), but you should definitely contact your nearest dealer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 13:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008