MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tascam Us-122 With Osx 10.3.2, compatable?
mintbill
post Sat 27 Dec 2003, 23:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,902

HELPP! I have just bought the tascam US-122 to use with my 500MHz G3 iBook (dual USB) running Panther, and I can't get it to recognize the unit. I have installed the Panther version of the driver & software from the Tascam site and no matter what I try the USB light will not come on, nor will the App. recognize the unit.

In frustration I installed the SW on my work mac (15" G4 Powerbook) and it all works fine.

Both machines are running the same version of Panther, same cables were used, same everything!

Can anyone help? Tascam's customer support is nonexistent...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
larry
post Wed 21 Jan 2004, 01:59
Post #2

Member No.: 27,809

Just a question when you installed the software on your G3 are you sure your soundcard was not plugged-in?

If this was the case, uninstall and re-install.

+Quote Post
mintbill
post Wed 21 Jan 2004, 15:37
Post #3

Member No.: 31,902

Thanks for this. No the unit was not connected when I installed. I tried several times. Eventually the only fix was to downgrade the OS to 10.2.6 Jaguar, and then it worked. Crappy solution though.

I spoke with someone at Tascam who said they'd never heard of this problem, but that they had never heard of anyone installing Panther on a G3, either (!) and had no ideas to offer me.

As fate would have it I now have a new iBook, with a G4, and the US-122 works fine with Panther, so it must have been the combo of Panther and the G3 that caused the problem.

+Quote Post
fishpatrol
post Sun 25 Jan 2004, 20:17
Post #4

Member No.: 32,307

iBook G3-900 with Panther here, installed the latest (.3) driver, plugged the unit in and it powered up fine. I don't think the G3 is the issue, whatever the problem is.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 25 Jan 2004, 22:22
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Check the driver version…

If it's the last one, first make some repairs our hard drive, at least the authorizations and reinstall (and then repair again, always do that after an install wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
rcase
post Tue 3 Feb 2004, 16:24
Post #6

Member No.: 34,838

Greetings! I just wanted to inform the original poster that I too am unable to get my G3 PowerBook to recognize a US-428 since upgrading to Panther. I booted up with OS9, and it worked fine. I then installed the latest Tascam-Panther driver on a brand new G3 iBook (running Panther) that just arrived at our house; it is fresh out of the box. It too does not recognize the US-428. I don't know what happened to the Tascam user forums; they might have helped with this! I am 'downgrading' to Jaguar now, and hopefully that will 'resolve' the issue. What a shame though; I really like Panther. Best Mac OS ever, I think. For a moment there, I thought this was a G3 issue after reading your first post. But one of the others here said he/she is doing fine on a Panther G3. This is a tough one. I'm finding this thread and not much else when searching on the net. Anybody who would care to contact me further regarding this, please do so at both rob.case@eds.com, and robcase@comcast.net. Thank You!!!

+Quote Post
fhievel
post Wed 4 Feb 2004, 19:30
Post #7

Member No.: 34,945

hi
i've a powerbook g4 and a tascam us122, when i plug the sound card the hard disc make a bad noise like a whistle changing if a change the buffer size.
any suggestions??
thanks a lot
fhievel

+Quote Post
Ben Up the Tree
post Thu 5 Feb 2004, 22:31
Post #8

Member No.: 33,670

When you set your buffer size the whistle changes pitch?! What if you change USB ports? Same problem?

+Quote Post
pirkole
post Fri 6 Feb 2004, 11:18
Post #9

Member No.: 35,102

have a pb g4 1ghz with tascam us-122. os is panther and the latest upgrade. installed latest tascam drivers.
massive problem: in the audio / midi configuration app of panther, i cannot select the tascam as input SOURCE. as this is shown in the manual by screenshots and i am really sure not doing anything wrong, this is simply annoying!!!
the only choice i have are "line-in" and "internal mic".
thanks for any help!!!

pirkole angry.gif

+Quote Post
fhievel
post Fri 6 Feb 2004, 12:38
Post #10

Member No.: 34,945

yes, when i set the buffer smaller the noise frequency go down, and changing the port is has no effect!!!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 8 May 2024, 11:24
- © 440 Forums 2011