MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Midi Playback Problems, complex PC MIDI won't play on MAC
post Tue 24 May 2005, 01:24
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hello and I hope I'm in the right forum for this one.
I've got a lot of semi-pro MIDI produced on PCs using Turtle Beach sound cards and QSE, Cakewalk and other sequencers. The more complex ones (with a lot of events and controls) always bog down and stop when I play them back on my eMac G4, 1 gig memory using the internal QuickTime synthesizer. Doesn't matter which software program I use to play the MIDI, I suppose it all uses the internal synth. What is the solution here? I want to be able to play and edit these MIDIs on the Mac. Thanks and regards!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
gdoubleyou
post Fri 27 Apr 2007, 20:24
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

Take a look at the file in an event editor, there could be some CC data that overwhelmes the QT instrument.

Try dragging and dropping the midi file into Garage Band and selecting instruments. if you have one of the newer versions of GB you can freeze tracks to free up cpu resources.

I have a 1GHz Powerbook, and it quite challenged when it comes to softsysnths, I constantly have to freeze tracks to get stable playback.

With my Core Duo Mac Mini, it has enough muscle so that I don't have a need for freezing.

1GHz is a slow machine by todays standards.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 17:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008