MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Imac And Headphone Out To Mixer Is Noisy, Heaphone out crackles, iMic USB hummmms
Mixolidean
post Sun 10 Oct 2004, 16:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,885

I have a Yamaha mixing board, recently aquired, and a Graphite iMac. The headphone out crackles when I wish to use it as an audio return. And the iMic hummmms. I have connected them to the same power source (AC outlet) and still the same problem. If the iMic or headphone out is lead to a pair of Headphones, the humming and or crackling does not exist. Is this my computer, or my mixer?

iMic is plugged into one of the two USB slots, not hub. I am looking at an Edirol USB capture. But other postings indicated that it's USB related and won't be solved by a different device.

I have a Firewire DAZZLE video bridge, but I don't think that can be used as an audio capture. Any help is welcome.

Mixolidean
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 12 Oct 2004, 04:23
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

If it'd be the computer you would have it on the headphones… so the origin must be either in the interface or in some ground loop.

For the iMic it's a bit noisy, there's a third party driver (for $) which does marvels and brings the best out of it, it's still an entry level interface but then with a proper driver. Search USB-ASIO int eh soft/drivers section.

Before that you can switch it to the other USB port and control the Audio set up in the system is on 16 bits (found that on XLR8yourmac).

If it's a ground loop the only way to get rid of it is to cut it in some way : use a cable with the earth lifted at one end of it.

Hope this helps…

I don't know the Dazzle thingy so I can't tell you. sad.gif

Oops… one thing can explain the crackles too: bad buffer set up if you are using an app with one that has some possibilities of fine tuning it : if so, set the buffer higher until the crackling disapear.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 12 May 2024, 02:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008