MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clicking Sound When Recording Thru Internal Mic, Request for info on recording
Lycius_Down
post Fri 16 Jul 2004, 00:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,693

There is an annoying clicking sound whenever I record my guitar though Audacity using my internal mic on my ibook. I thought this was a software specific issue, but it appears to keep happening when I use other programs, such as SoundEffects and Audirecorder.

The siily thing abou this clicking is that it doesn't necessarily happen when I'm overpowering the mic; it happens sometimes when I strum particular chords.

Does anyone have any tips on getting rid of these clicks when recording? Is there a dependable shareware application that has clean recording through the internal mic?

Thank you.
Douglas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gingau
post Fri 16 Jul 2004, 05:48
Post #2

Member No.: 46,995

Have you tried the "Felt Tip Sound Studio 2.1" that comes with the Apple systems Bundle?
There is also Audio In 1.0.3 Freeware by Mashiro na Zenshi / Pandaa <pandaa@swipnet.se>.

Geez, so many possible sourses for a clicking
Maybe something mechanical hitting the computer, desk or even floor - since the built in mic woluld be sensitive to such contact.
Have you tried putting your ear on the computer to see if it emits any clicks?
Also, a keboard connected through midi might be handshaking with the computer

I usually erase clicks by pasting a nearby sound wave (as small as possible) over the offending area.
There are a few click removal programs, "arboretum's RayGun" is the only one that comes to mind tho.

+Quote Post
Lycius_Down
post Mon 19 Jul 2004, 01:08
Post #3

I'll look into theose suggestions. I don't believe the clicks are caused by me bumping to the mic. I did mess around with the sound input volume and I eventually edited out the clicks manually--that was a real pain. Nonetheless. I'll check into the progs you mentioned.

+Quote Post
destroyw
post Mon 19 Jul 2004, 02:05
Post #4

Member No.: 26,165

most of the time a clicking sounds comes from a synching problem. example: if you're using an external preamp with an output set as ADAT into another digital interface...one needs to be the slave and the other the master(preamp).

+Quote Post
destroyw
post Mon 19 Jul 2004, 21:16
Post #5

Member No.: 26,165

what is the clock source set to? if you have one thing(audio software interface) set to let's say 44.1 @ 24bit...then your input stage(like a digital preamp or something using light pipe) needs to also be set the same. you can still record if these are set wrong, but you'll end up with clicks. another problem could be a slow computer...causing digital artifacts...another problem could be a bad cable.

+Quote Post
Lycius_Down
post Mon 19 Jul 2004, 23:33
Post #6

Well, looking into the Audacity preferences; (it's my primary recoding softwware) and the format is set to 32bit float and the sound source is set to 44.1khz. I think I see what you're talking about. There are a few settings talkking about "sinc interlopolater"--it was on default fastest, but there are a few more options. I think I'm going to experiment with the settings. It could very well be that my computer can't handle the recording, but I'll see. Thanks for the tip. I think I'm finally getting somewhere.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 16:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008