MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do Not Throw Your Serial Midi Interface, Stealth port working with 2 MTP II under
cyril
post Sun 5 Jan 2003, 07:13
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 447

I did not do any test yet as I have one leg in plaster and I cannot go down to my studio until at least the 7th --- 2 more days !!!!!

Test where made by other user !

I am dying to test it with my configuration : 1 Studio 4 + 1 MTP I + 1 AMT 8 rolleyes.gif

Beta version of the driver is now availlable on :
Geethree's Webpage

Paul you are the second person reporting problems with the 5 LX
you should contact directly Geethree support for help. support@geethree.com

[QUOTE]- 1 MidiExpress+ MT4

MT4 is an Emagic USB, Midi expres is a serial , this show coexistence of USB and Serial midi interfaces

Best

Cyril
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LABob
post Fri 7 Feb 2003, 11:08
Post #12

Member No.: 11,586

Make that Three Studio 5LX users beached and marooned..

I downloaded and installed the Stealth Midi Plugin, ran the Stealth Midi Set-up program, and ran Audio Midi Setup, receiving the same result as Paul.

When Audio Midi Setup scans the midi gear it sees only the interface made by the Stealth plugin and nothing downstream from there, including the Studio 5LX.

I emailed Geethree support and they responded within a couple hours, saying basically:

"Gee. Three other Studio 5LX users got theirs working. We'll give 'em a call and ask 'em how they did it and we'll GET BACK TO YOU..."

Anybody heard anything positive?

LABob
Walltime@earthlink.net

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 8 Feb 2003, 05:59
Post #13

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Yesterday Oune in the French forums did it with a 10.2.3, logic 5.5 gold, griffin gport drivers, audiowerk and MOTU serial micro express.

And it works… he's still testing (seems to cool to be true)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
trixette
post Sun 9 Feb 2003, 05:03
Post #14

Member No.: 11,807

excuse my ignorance, but what is the stealth port?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 9 Feb 2003, 06:30
Post #15

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Stealth GeeThree and Griffin Gport are two devices which when plugged in place of the internal modem of USB mac towers (so from BW to now) give the user a serial port (remember the modem and printer ports years ago?).

Stealth and Griffin are both testing a software which make it work on OSX first, and allow the use of serial midi interfaces from 10.2.3 on.

IT IS great biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
LABob
post Sun 16 Feb 2003, 07:39
Post #16

Member No.: 11,586

Buried in between the lines in plain sight as usual:

The Givens:

1. OMS is history. DOES NOT WORK in OSX.
2. OMS is Necessary to Studio 5 Setup.
3. The above are at odds with each other!

YMMV -- I had one guy, Paul, tell me he ditched an older .kext file as the root user and it lit right up. Well maybe for him that was it.

For me, it was closer to home. I don't know if the following is the path of choice, but it got me to the pie so I'm gonna scarf now and draw the map later.

I plugged the Studio 5 back into the old Mac's printer port and verified it worked. OK. Plugged a Sportster modem in the new Stealth Serial port on the G4 and verified THAT works. OK. Put the Studio 5 into the Stealth Port and, Bamp! -- it's dead. Check cables. Reinstall Stealth stuff. Bamp. (Also swapped it for the gPort drivers & setup program after noticing the install read-mes are word for word identical on Stealth and gPort. Don't look now, kiddies, but they are the exact same stuff with 2 different names. Bamp.) Reinstalled 10.2.3. Bamp. Pulled out hair. Didn't help. I got squat. Nada. Zippo.

Intuition drains; ideas peter out, all-nighters come up empty; seeing 15 red and 15 green lights in my sleep, all dead. I got Cubase SX meters dancing on my imported VST 4.0 song but after 4 days, still no midi.

In desperation, I grab the Studio 5 manual. I finally internalize P.129 and realize I have to hook the Studio 5 up to OMS to set up the compatibility mode and then GET IT OUTTA THERE BEFORE OMS GRABS CONTROL OF IT AGAIN.

Like I said, this may not be the straight and narrow, but it's the only thing that WORKED out of 100 that I tried:

1. Hook up Studio 5 to old Mac.
2. Open Studio Patches Editor
3. Create empty 'sequencer' Patch.
4. Save and make current Patch
5. Open OMS Setup.
6. Create new Setup.
7. Pull Studio 5 Menu down to COMPATIBILITY MODE.
8. Set Speed to FAST
9. Check the EMULATE MIDI TIMEPIECE box.
10. Click CLEAR ALL.
11. Click SAVE.

NOW! Stop doing anything in OMS and TURN OFF the Studio 5. When you saved the Compatibility Setup you also installed it IN the Studio 5. Since you have been having as much trouble with it as I have, there is obviously SOMETHING in OMS that screws up the Compatibility Setup again before we make it OUTTA THERE! My theory is that turning off the Studio 5 here stops OMS from messing it up again. This theory is only a few notches north of conjecture, buit hey, it did work, didn't it?

Next, unplug the serial cable from the old port, put it in the G4 Stealth port, turn the Studio 5 back on, run the Stealth Midi Setup and go poke around in Audio Midi Setup like you have a hundred times already. You know the drill. Match up the "Fast" and the "Ports" (15x15) and they will look the same and the Studio 5 will still look dead. Stretch the zoomie-looking cables between devices if you want -- they are only for your enjoyment as they make no actual connections. You have created in Compatibility mode, a Studio 5 with the mind of a child -- no patches, numbers, names, etc. Core Midi and SX will do those jobs from now on. SX is where you set up the real Devices and Ports. Honest.

When you start SX and the verbose startup stuff in the bottom of the SX banner hits MIDI DEVICE MANAGER -- WHAM!! you should see green dead lights flash briefly on the Studio 5 if you are autoloading a project with any midi ports assigned.

Or just Load a project and play something quick before it changes its mind....

TADA!!

Dunno yet about reliability, etc, cause I ran off to write this, but hey, it's finally working and I hope this helps somebody.

Don't you just hate it when people nose around and whine but they never come back to share their workarounds?

Like I said, YMMV. My search through back copies of the OMS manual, scores of pages of errors, workarounds, all supposedly fixed now, convinced me of only one thing: There's a hundred ways the Studio 5LX and Stealth Port can partner up to FAIL in OSX, and there's only one way it will work.....

If you Googled in here, sorry -- this is essentially the same post you saw at Cubase Mac. After four days of agonizing, I'd put it on the front page of the New York Times if I could...

RW

This post has been edited by LABob: Sun 16 Feb 2003, 07:58

+Quote Post
pepe73
post Wed 2 Jun 2004, 04:15
Post #17

Member No.: 44,331

ahve anyone found way of using Midi Time Piece AV serial using Keyspan USB Adapter

thanks

+Quote Post
fishhead
post Wed 2 Jun 2004, 09:55
Post #18

Member No.: 38,420

Should'nt be anything to figure out. Install software, plug the Keyspan adapter into the USB port, connect to the Timepiece. As long as you follow the install instructions that should be all there is to it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 29 Sep 2024, 01:12
- © MacMusic 1997-2008