MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help With Powerbook Cpu
mishmashmole
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 07:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,114

Please help. I bought my band new 1.5 GHz/ Superdrive/512 ram) os x 10.3.8 powerbook in Jan 2005. There were so many reasons I bought it. For so long I wanted a portable computer that worked, rather than my old windows brick.
I think something must be wrong or the answer is more memory. I want to use Ableton Live but as soon as I start using VST then the computer really starts to struggle. The CPU meter gets up to 100%. I have found the cpu getting this high and staying like it in other apps too, non-music ones. Even now writing this, I only have Live (not actually playing anything), Stcikies and Mail open. The cpu is staying between 65% & 70% and the RAM used is 352MB. This can't be right. What am I doing wrong? I can only think it's beacuse I have installed so much software, (and taken it out), that I need to do a fresh install and see if it's still the same. Thanks all for your help in advance. PS I just switched to MAC 4 months ago!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 03:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008