MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Os X Driver in beta: The MOTU connection, Motu 828, 2408, all that stuff
E rouge
post Sun 24 Nov 2002, 10:06
Post #31

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,360

I have a strange feeling motu is oing to go under. for one, they dont have enough money for call waiting. its busy all day when you try to call... And, of coruse, no support in OS X. I am waiting for apple/logic firewall interface to come out, so i may dump motu once and for all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
urbanmatador
post Sun 24 Nov 2002, 10:56
Post #32

Member No.: 8,052

I have a strange feeling motu is oing to go under. for one, they dont have enough money for call waiting. its busy all day when you try to call... And, of coruse, no support in OS X. I am waiting for apple/logic firewall interface to come out, so i may dump motu once and for all.

interesting idea... although just because a company can't answer its phones doesn't mean they have no money. they released a new interface just yesterday (day before?), and i expect that if they can afford research and development on a new hardware product, they surely aren't omitting call waiting because of cashflow.

but does anyone have any insight into this possibility? it sure would be a shame to lose the 828 with no real competition to turn to in terms of cheap (sub $1000) firewire multichannel audio...

--------------------
there can be hours between the so and the what of the so
www.notquite.net

+Quote Post
D-plex
post Sun 8 Dec 2002, 17:54
Post #33

Member No.: 8,023

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but this is from motu.com...

FireWire driver news

OSX drivers for MOTU 828: download them here December 16th

OSX drivers for MOTU 896: download them here December 30th

+Quote Post
urbanmatador
post Wed 18 Dec 2002, 10:09
Post #34

Member No.: 8,052

well, this topic seems to have sputtered out... and nobody wants to challenge my claim that the 828 is in a class by itself?

--------------------
there can be hours between the so and the what of the so
www.notquite.net

+Quote Post
benno
post Tue 7 Jan 2003, 17:54
Post #35

Member No.: 10,558

the 828 may be in a class by itself, that is why i bought it, unfortunately i can't seem to get the dang thing to work in jaguar.

i'm a graphics guy professionally and ditched OS9 more than a year ago and have no real desire to boot into it anymore. now i'm starting to get obsessed with the audio thing on osx and have decided to start struggling with my motu 828 again. so far i've had no luck getting any sound from in on my machine (the machine is great, i forget the particulars but it regularly handles 1gig photoshop files without a problem).

bias peak crashes when i hit the record button. my copy of deck 3.5 doens't seem to get any input from the motu. most of the other audio apps i've found on the web crash or don't respond. i also have reason 2.0 and live 2.0.1, but have never recorded using them, i'm not even really sure how.

the only thing that i think i may have messed up is when i originally installed the motu beta drivers i was over eager and didn't read the intall notes. i installed it while the unit was on and then trashed the beta driver installer. now it says i need to uninstall the beta using the installers i threw out. i can't find those for download anymore. i logged into os9 and tossed the motu 10.2 extension and then tried reinstalling with the 1.01 installer, but i'm still getting the same problems.

any suggestions anyone out there?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 2 Feb 2003, 05:23
Post #36

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Drivers 1.0 for 324 and 424 systems available 02/28 biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 21:52
- © MacMusic 1997-2008