MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Dr T Kcs Level 2 Version 3
mklmouse
post Sat 15 Sep 2007, 07:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,036

Hi folks, is there anyone out there that can direct me to where I can obtain a copy of Dr T's amazing sequencer, compositional tool and algorithmic music generator: Dr T KCS Level 2 Version 3 for the Mac?
This app came out around the early-mid 80s on floppy disk and was also for Atari ST and Amiga computers. At the time (before I obtained my first Mac (MacPlus with no hard drive, just two floppy drives!)) I bought an Atari ST just to run this great program. Now my Atari is failing fast and everything else I have musically (straightforward MIDI & audio sequencing: Cubase, etc, and score writing: Sibelius, etc) is on the Mac; and so I'd love to find a copy of the ONLY music composition program for me. Anyone have any ideas? I've been trying for several years (including trying ST emulators; also, Dr T Software has long since gone out of business...).

Desperate of Sandwich

regards

mklmouse
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mklmouse
post Tue 25 Sep 2007, 15:08
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,036

Thanks to everyone who responded to my quest. Exsend, as a point of interest, the version for the Mac did come out at the same time – mid-80s – as the version for the Atari ST, so it must have been for System 6. And as you point out, (apart from the extraordinary Programmable Variations Generator and Master Edit) the most especial aspect of the program is Open Mode, absolutely perfect for composing where structure (and experimenting in structure) is paramount. In the end, I am bereft off this masterpiece of technology and my only recourse (apart from continuing to search the Mac version amongst folk like you) is yes – to find another Atari ST and run the thing on that – or to explore the possibilities of running an ST emulation on a (yuk!!!!) PC (I know there's one prog for Windoze, STeem, that apparently does a goodly job... that means (if it works) getting a Windozy machine, which I'd rather not do, but...

Again, thanks to you all. If I get lucky and solve my prob, I'll be back with my solution (this might help poesco with the 100s of KCS floppies).

regards

michael of Sandwitch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 17:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008