MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Easier To Learn Log 6 Then To Learn 5 And Upgrade?
Drainland
post Wed 2 Apr 2003, 13:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,405

Hi everyone,

I've decided I want to purchase Logic Plat 6 (I don't have any software at the moment) but I've noticed that you can buy the EMI 6/2 production kit with Logic gold 5 in it.

Although this is tempting to do, as you get the other software in the box and you can still upgrade to 6 - I'm wondering as I'm starting from scratch would life just be easier for me to just learn using Logic 6 from the start? It seems that even if I got the upgrade package for 5 to 6 straight away, I might have to learn on 5 (cos the manual would be for 5), then switch to 6, maybe have to relearn some things, and also only have an addendum manual with 6 to go at. Which seems like hassle and a lot less straight forward.

I guess the other things in the box are not essential to me, as I have various hardware and intend to get a motu 828 and an MT4 anyway.

I just wondered what you guys thought.

Many thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wadat
post Thu 3 Apr 2003, 00:29
Post #2

Member No.: 11,881

i did 5.5 to 6 and logic is logic.
cheers

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Thu 3 Apr 2003, 01:24
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

cool.gif
I have Logic Audio 5.5, they are so similar that it probably won't affect your workflow.

All you would have to learn are the new features.

I also own DP3, and Cubase5. Logic is definately an accquired taste. So I'm starting with Logic Audio, and plan to update to gold or Platinum.

If you don't require TDM support, the bundles are a better value, because you get the soft-synths and the app for the cost of a soft-synth.

When I originally bought the BIg Box, I was shopping for a VSTi, ended up with 3 soft-synths and my app of the future. biggrin.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Drainland
post Fri 11 Apr 2003, 11:07
Post #4

Member No.: 14,405

Sorry for my delayed reply - I only just found these posts - my email notification isn't working for some reason!

Anyhow thanks for these guys. If TDM is referring to the manufacturer then I don't need this support no - however I do like the look of some of the new features in logic 6 such as freeze. I was just reading a review of Log 6 in Future Music and drooling. wink.gif

The freebie soft synths etc, are tempting - but I kinda like a hassle free life even if it is a bit more expensive. So instead of messing around upgrading etc I think I might just go for 6 when it hits the shelves. I want to use my various hardware synths/sampler anyway for producing sound.

Cheers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 12:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008