MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic And Memory Allocation, Need some help please!
gdoubleyou
post Fri 15 Jun 2007, 19:33
Post #11

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

I saw on another forum that memory over 4GB forces OSX to use more virtual memory, the current OS is more effeciecent with less physical memory.

Strange isn't it cool.gif ?

cool.gif

This post has been edited by gdoubleyou: Fri 15 Jun 2007, 20:04

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hahaworld
post Sat 16 Jun 2007, 07:16
Post #12

Member No.: 41,728

My friend, it is maddening. When Leopard is released, do you think it will solve some of the woes that we pre-Intel G5 owners are experiencing? I realize that we still have to wait for Logic to become a 64-bit program, too, but I'm really hoping Leopard will be a step in the right direction. I'm really tired of getting slow disk errors and out-of-memory warnings with a Quad processor and 6.5G RAM. I've said this in other forums, but often I find myself just going back to my 2003 G4 1.33GHz laptop with 2G Ram to do my Logic work. It leaves my shiny 2006 Quad G5 in the dust. I scored a feature-length independent film last year on my laptop because my Quad couldn't keep up. Now, that's strange! huh.gif

HaHaWorld laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sun 17 Jun 2007, 06:00
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

Dear HaHaWorld,

I have followed your G5 Quad story from day one. I was always hoping to hear the best reports about performance and power. I am really sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems. I was waiting to see how you went as I had considered purchasing a 'Quad'. I had no problems with my Dual, but, 'Quad' sounded like, well, "More". Twice as much!

I read a review about the "Quad" Sound On Sound Magazine and posted the review in 440. It seems like at least a year or more ago? If it's any help, Graphic Designers have the Quad in high demand, perhaps you can sell it and have more than enough for an older G5?

Really, rotten...

I know this is in hindsight, but always check with Sound On Sound before purchasing any Soft or Hardware. They give honest and accurate Reviews after 'Testing'.

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Mon 18 Jun 2007, 12:20
Post #14

Member No.: 81,499

We have a couple of G5 Quads in use for video editing (FCP) and they're blisteringly fast.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 19 Jun 2007, 05:06
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

[ Jim Hoyland Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM We have a couple of G5 Quads in use for video editing (FCP) and they're blisteringly fast.]

Yep, that is what the Review said, Brilliant for Graphics... No advantage for Music Production?!

Whatever, transpires I'm very content with the G5 Dual 2GHz. It really rocks. I've even had some 'Die Hard PC Users shake their heads and marvel at the performance. My best purchase by far.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 25 Jun 2007, 03:37
Post #16

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

QUOTE (hahaworld @ sam 26 mai 2007, 09:03) *
Will Leopard work on the most recent Pre-Intel G5 Mac Desktops, or will it only be for Intel Macs?
Leopard will run from G4 on, I can't tell for G3 but I'm not very optimistic for the oldtimers.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 01:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008