MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Us-122 Not Compatible W/ Tiger?, US122 not functioning after upgrade
jewliscrumptious
post Wed 5 Oct 2005, 00:23
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,824

with a mic plugged in and my headphone plugged in the 122 does playback the mic. Still no communication with the mac tho- no usb lighting up sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fastlanephil
post Wed 5 Oct 2005, 04:58
Post #32

Member No.: 10,225

Maybe you have a bad USB cable. If the light isn't on that means it's not getting power. Check your connections and them try a different USB cable.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 5 Oct 2005, 05:07
Post #33

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Maybe a complete ports reset would help, someone remember how to do so on powerbooks (I never remember sorry… I'm not a laptop user… maybe it's this

Meanwhile, zap the PRAM (you'll loose a few stupid thing), for the procedure search "PRAM" in the forum, it's there in zillions copies. wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
fastlanephil
post Wed 5 Oct 2005, 06:14
Post #34

I was told once by an Apple tech that zapping the pram in OSX doesn't do much like it did in OS9 but it can't hurt.

+Quote Post
jewliscrumptious
post Wed 5 Oct 2005, 10:49
Post #35

Member No.: 70,824

i have tried various different usb cables - still nothing.

sad.gif

what other audio interface would you recommend for the imac os x10.4.2 running logic pro 7?

+Quote Post
fastlanephil
post Thu 6 Oct 2005, 06:03
Post #36

Check out the Edirol UA25. It seems to have the same features as the US-122

http://www.edirol.com/

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 6 Oct 2005, 17:58
Post #37

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

My personal experiences with edirol stuff on both mac and PCs has been more on the frustrating side (glitches in audio whatever you do about 2 years ago on USB interfaces), I hope it gets better…

For the PRAM, there's less parameters stored there when you use OS X given the un*x ascendency. When nothing obvious works, then go for the less obvious even if it's weird. wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Mr.K.
post Sat 8 Oct 2005, 22:33
Post #38

Member No.: 71,042

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. I run a production lab in the AV Center of our school.

I just upgraded two one year old G5 PowerMacs to Tiger and our US-122's have stopped functioning. I now have students who are no longer able to use these two DAW's.

I just happen to be in the process of setting up two new workstations for our students. I was going to purchase two additional US-122's but the serious lack of support from Tascam on this issue has changed that. I will not be purchasing any Tascam products for those workstations (or for any other applications in our AV Center).

A company that doesn't support its customers will soon find that its customers don't support it!

+Quote Post
bigbandan
post Sun 9 Oct 2005, 03:21
Post #39

Member No.: 70,745

To Mr. K,
Wonderfully said, have you sent this to tascam's 122 or 224 Forum? Please do. I sent an email to tech about a week ago; I am still awaiting a response, an apology, anything...
To 2l82run, has tascam actually said anything, to anyone?

+Quote Post
fastlanephil
post Mon 10 Oct 2005, 01:17
Post #40

I just tried the Tascam US-122 on my old iBook G3 600 running OS 10.4.2 and it seems to work fine. Everything lights up and I recorded a vocal track in Garageband. blink.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 24 Jun 2024, 12:46
- © 440 Forums 2011