MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> powered plug-ins, the delay issue !
damann
post Sun 16 Jun 2002, 06:26
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

i recently bought a universal audio uad1 pci card. i was shocked to find out that when using this card or the tc powercore, every time you use one of it's plugs, a delay occurs!
these guys don't advertise this fact (surprise).
yes, the plugs sound GREAT, but a delay equal to the size of your audio buffer kicks in. the only way to compensate for this delay is to bus all unaffected tracks to a return and using a 'delay compensator' plug to effectively delay all other tracks to the same degree!
in a mixdown situation where you've made final decisions about all elements of your song and bounced them down as audio tracks this isn't too much of a problem, but whilst you're still working on a song this situation is pretty unbearable.
does anybody have similar experience/help for me here, or more importantly, does anybody have news/knowledge about the future of this unique problem?
there are other issues that i won't discuss yet, but i'm really hoping that this fundamental problem has some kind of solution. r.s.v.p.

--------------------
one for all and all for one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 4 Jun 2024, 14:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008